Debate over wearing PPE in public

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

It should be legal and socially acceptable to wear PPE in public (even after the pandemic).

• Strongly agree

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Agree

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Neutral

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Disagree

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Strongly disagree

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

deleted915203

At the end of January, a man was kicked off a flight for wearing a gas mask to protect against coronavirus.

"My gut reaction was that he was probably worried about the coronavirus and had put on the gas mask as overkill kind of protection," Say told KTRK.

In April, a man was kicked off a bus for NOT wearing a mask to protect against coronavirus.

Personally, I feel that it is unfair to punish the man who knew in JANUARY that masks were important for safety - when it was society that was lagging behind.

I hope that society / politicians allow for the use of PPE in public. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope so too. Maybe the fashion designers will come up with some stylish looking stuff.

• Love
In the SF bay area masks are strongly recommended when social distancing is difficult, such as grocery stores. Most people are adhering to this in my area, with all sorts of homemade masks, bandanas, etc.
Many fashion houses are making masks as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As of this morning, You are required in the state of Maryland to wear a mask/scarf before entering any establishment ( grocery store, carry out etc etc) or a couple of thousand dollars fine...

As of this morning, You are required in the state of Maryland to wear a mask/scarf before entering any establishment ( grocery store, carry out etc etc) or a couple of thousand dollars fine...

Do they give you a mask if you don't have one? I know many people can sew but unless you're adept at stealing things from health care facilities or anywhere else that has a mask the only way to get one is to attempt to buy one. I don't think these rules are legitimate unless the masks are provided, or they allow you to wrap a shirt around your face or something.

Reactions: 1 users
Do they give you a mask if you don't have one? I know many people can sew but unless you're adept at stealing things from health care facilities or anywhere else that has a mask the only way to get one is to attempt to buy one. I don't think these rules are legitimate unless the masks are provided, or they allow you to wrap a shirt around your face or something.
They don't give you masks but a scarf/bandana would suffice. Anything to cover your mouth.

You can make a mask with zero sewing from a T-shirt. There are plenty of instructions online these days.

There is a HUGE difference between being ALLOWED to wear PPE and being FORCED to wear PPE.

Obviously we should ALLOW it. No way we should FORCE it.

Look at Michigan, there is only so much government can do before people used to the freedoms we have here push back.

And if anyone says "COVID-19 is killing thousands of Americans you idiot!!" I will respond: "Yes and you have no idea how many dead 4 angry men with thermobaric LAWs can rack up, but it will be around 10x that."

Don't worry folks the situation can always always be much worse than it is now.

You can't force people to wear medical-grade PPE that's currently unavailable, but I don't think it's unreasonable to require some sort of face covering even if it's a bandanna or t-shirt. It's pretty clear at this point there's a significant percentage of people who are positive for COVID-19 and are either entirely asymptomatic, or asymptomatic for an extended period of time. And there's no good way to distinguish carriers from non-carriers. Using a mask is as much about protecting others as yourself. To me, going to a place full of people like the grocery store without any face covering right now is equivalent to driving drunk. And if your millions in options plays can't get you any masks you can always be like this guy:

mask.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
There is a HUGE difference between being ALLOWED to wear PPE and being FORCED to wear PPE.

Obviously we should ALLOW it. No way we should FORCE it.

Look at Michigan, there is only so much government can do before people used to the freedoms we have here push back.

And if anyone says "COVID-19 is killing thousands of Americans you idiot!!" I will respond: "Yes and you have no idea how many dead 4 angry men with thermobaric LAWs can rack up, but it will be around 10x that."

Don't worry folks the situation can always always be much worse than it is now.

You’re age is showing Marine. It is now Javelins with fire-and-forget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk