Decide for me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sellindrugz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Washington State or Idaho State? I'm an Idaho resident and want to get into hospital pharmacy and I am absolutely uncapable of deciding where to go to school this fall...but I have to decide by the 24th. Booo

Members don't see this ad.

The cheapest option, which I assume is Idaho.

Unless Washington State is in a better town than Idaho. Then there may be a lifestyle reason to pay more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you joking? Who's education is this? YOURS! I would suggest that you take a proactive stance on your own and look at both schools. It is one thing to ask for our recommendations, but saying you are "uncapable" of making your own decision is rediculous. One of the most important characterisics of a future pharmacist is leadership. I would recommend that you begin now, by making a decision (perhaps with our help) that is in your best interest long-term.

As for your question, I live in the east and likely will not be attending school in the western U.S. so my statements are just opinions. Between these two schools, I would likely choose the least expensive (if there is a large difference). However, one should also consider prestige, internship opportunities, residencies, test passage rate, student success, and whether the students like the school. In short, I would say do some research on your own, and use beneficial advice given to you in the forums. Long-term, though, this is YOUR life, and YOU need to make a decision that is best for you.

Idaho. You are in-state there. (Plus I'm on the alternate list for WSU so I'm very biased :) )

futurerxguy - I'm going to assume you were being sarcastic in your approach here, but if you weren't: it's not like I'm not capable of choosing, but it is a hard decision and I like to use as much imput as I can before making a decision. Not sure how you make decisions, but I do LOTS of research, and input from people on this forum will be used as I see fit in helping me wiegh the pros and cons of attending each school.

Evidently I should have made my question more clear for everyone, here is a revised version of what was previously entitled "decide for me" : "I am having trouble deciding where to choose (WSU or ISU), if anyone on here is quite familiar with one or the other could you please let me know what you think about the program, why you chose the program, or any other pertinent information that may be used by me to help me make my final decision as to where to go to school?"

Take this for what it's worth.

In 4 years you'll have a degree and hopefully a license in the state that you wish to reside in. I would choose based on:

1)where do you want to live, while you're at school, and after you're done?
2)do you care about the cost of tuition, living, etc. that much?
3)are graduates from one school that much more sought after relative to the other?
4)members of the opposite sex (maybe this is just me, yeah, probably just me)

If you work hard and learn well on your own then it won't really matter where you get your degree as long as you're licensed and have good recommendations. So I say you choose the in-state school by default because I know it has #2 covered.

I had completely forgot the incredibly important fact that WSU has a much higher female to male ratio than ISU! Ha. Thanks for the help!