Deciding between only newer schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anotherpremed534536

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between ARCOM, ACOM, BCOM, and ICOM.

So ACOM is 5 years old now, then BCOM 3 years, ARCOM 2 years, and ICOM at 1 year.

I know the recommended advice here is that older = better, should I just got with ACOM?

Does having a few years really make that big of a difference? Or should I attend the one that I "feel" the most at home?

Members don't see this ad.

So ACOM is 5 years old now, then BCOM 3 years, ARCOM 2 years, and ICOM at 1 year.

I know the recommended advice here is that older = better, should I just got with ACOM?

Does having a few years really make that big of a difference? Or should I attend the one that I "feel" the most at home?
ACOM better even if it was newer than those others

What are your factors?

School status?
Curriculum style?
Dress code?
Class attendance mandatory?
Campus facilities?
Campus location?
Programs?
Student Activities?
Residency placement? Difficult to judge the newer schools as some have not graduated a class yet.

Go where you have II's and check it out, ask questions, and get a vibe of what it is like to be there. You should choose a school you feel good about and the only way you will get that is by seeing it and talking to people there. Just my two cents.

Best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your factors?

School status?
Curriculum style?
Dress code?
Class attendance mandatory?
Campus facilities?
Campus location?
Programs?
Student Activities?
Residency placement? Difficult to judge the newer schools as some have not graduated a class yet.

Go where you have II's and check it out, ask questions, and get a vibe of what it is like to be there. You should choose a school you feel good about and the only way you will get that is by seeing it and talking to people there. Just my two cents.

Best of luck.

Thanks for your response.

I really liked ARCOM and ICOM but it's tough to judge based on 1 day of interviews.

So I'm mostly looking for the school with the best rotation sites and be in the best spot possible for residency placements.

Doesn’t ICOM do private loans only, not federal? Take that into consideration too, OP.

I really liked ARCOM and ICOM but it's tough to judge based on 1 day of interviews.

So I'm mostly looking for the school with the best rotation sites and be in the best spot possible for residency placements.
In the vein of those two, ARCOM you can get federal loans

Reactions: 1 user

The above comments on loans are also critical to think about BCOM and ICOM do not offer federal loans yet.

Residency placement can change over time especially with the new merger but you should look at the schools and see what types of residencies students matched into. This info should be available through the school site.

Your gut feel is important. After all, you're going spend some $250K and four years there.

That said, I suggest ACOM> BCOM >ARCOM >>>ICOM.

Add more > if ARCOM is the AR school that has mandatory lecture attendance.

The above comments on loans are also critical to think about BCOM and ICOM do not offer federal loans yet.

Residency placement can change over time especially with the new merger but you should look at the schools and see what types of residencies students matched into. This info should be available through the school site.

All but ACOM has yet to graduate a class yet so it's tough to see residency placements.

Your gut feel is important. After all, you're going spend some $250K and four years there.

Loans aside, could you explain why you prefer ARCOM >>> ICOM when they're only one year apart?

I would prefer to be at an established school. Newer schools are still getting their feet under them developing curriculum, rotations, certification, etc. Let someone else serve as the Guinea pig. IMO. Good luck on whatever you decide

Why BCOM > ARCOM? Only because it has been around another year?? I have acceptance to both and was WAY more impressed by ARCOM. Feel free to PM, thanks :)

Reactions: 1 user