This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

optomak

New Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, y'all,

I'm new to SDN. I recently got accepted to both Southern College of Optometry and Midwestern (AZCOPT). They were the only two places I applied, for personal reasons. For those who are interested, my OAT scores were 330TS/340AA, and I have a 3.7gpa.

I'm having a hard time deciding, as I've been told that SCO is the "better" program (great clinic, high retention/pass rate, recorded lectures), but Midwestern's program personally resonated with me more (faculty/staff, capstone research project, 100% residency placement). I'm wondering if I could maybe get some input/pros and cons of both. I can't find much about Midwestern and that worries me. Thanks in advance!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad