Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental_14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm having a tough time deciding between UMaryland and Nova, hear me out. Tuition would be cheaper if I attend Nova and living expenses would help me save some money too ( I live 30 min away), assuming that I don't get in-state tuition at Maryland. I really liked Maryland when I visited and I've heard the clinics are great, and you get a lot of experience, something I'm scared I may not receive if I attend Nova. Specializing is something I'm interested in, and I would like to go to a school that would give me an opportunity to do that if that's the route I go.
I'm just not sure if Nova is worth it, I've been hearing that the clinic problems are no longer a problem but idk. If anyone has some in-sight or thoughts they'd like to share I'd appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Maryland. The tour guide at Nova told me I shouldn't go there ... Nova has a lot of resources but you have to be very self-motivated to go out and get them yourself. Maryland has all the resources and they at least try to give them to their students.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
maryland. better reputation, clinics, and oldest dental school in the world!

Reactions: 1 user
If you live 30 mins away from Nova you definitely don't want to spend and hour in the car every day. I am all for cutting down on living expenses but that's a lot of time lost that could be spent studying/exercising/cooking/sleeping. I vote Maryland.

That's also a ton of expense for them that could get eliminated from the get-go

Ya, I'm going to go against the current and say Nova. You can specialize from any school, and with debt - the struggle is real.

Specialization shouldn't be your main concern, rather it's the shocking number of D5's there are in Nova. There's a thread about it on the dental students forums. Maryland all the way, unless it's like... 100k more.