declining an interview at Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicole20

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

I recently got an interview invitation at Temple and I decided not to attend the interview because I have already been accepted at 2 other schools and I am completely broke. The email gave me a window of time to schedule my interview by on the internet and I didn't respond due to a crazy exam schedule. I then got an email making sure that I had received the first and advising me to schedule by last Friday, which I just received today due to spring break. the email said taht if I hadn't scheduled by friday they would withdraw me, but my question is this ...Should I just call and withdraw? Does it look bad that I didn't formally withdraw? How do you formally withdraw?

Thanks everyone. I just don't want to look like dingus at this school.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm in the same boat. my feeling is that it probably doesn't matter but it wouldn't hurt to send them an email declining the interview. that said, i still haven't taken my own advice yet.

edit:
just finally sent them an email thanking them for considering me but politely saying that i got into a medical school of my choice.

myodana said:
i'm in the same boat. my feeling is that it probably doesn't matter but it wouldn't hurt to send them an email declining the interview. that said, i still haven't taken my own advice yet.

edit:
just finally sent them an email thanking them for considering me but politely saying that i got into a medical school of my choice.

To what email address did you send this letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
I cancelled mine as well. Too many interviews, and I was already accepted. :thumbup:

I canceled my Temple interview also. I just e-mailed them at [email protected] saying:

My name is Ambs, AMCAS ID # 111111. Thank you for considering my application for an interview; however, I wish to withdraw my application from further consideration at the Temple University School of Medicine.

Thank you kindly,

Ambs

Nicole, where in ND are you from? I am from Bismarck, and it is great to see someone else representing the "motherland!"

Rzarecta said:
Nicole, where in ND are you from? I am from Bismarck, and it is great to see someone else representing the "motherland!"

Hey, I am from Bismarck as well, but i went to high school in Mandan.

i also sent it to [email protected] and to [email protected] (the one the invite was sent from) just to be safe. it said:

Dear Dr. Uknis,
Thank you for your kind invitation to interview at Temple.* I must inform you that I*have already been accepted to a medical school of my choice, and would like to formally withdraw my application at Temple.* Thank you for your time and consideration.
myodana
AMCAS ID:* 12345678