Deferred from ED admission. Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wsupharm123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I applied ED back in sept and got deferred from the school.
Does it mean I was waitlisted?
Or is it something like a rejection from the school?
It’s been a month and I don’t get a further conversation after I was deferred.

Is there any chance still?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I applied ED back in sept and got deferred from the school.
Does it mean I was waitlisted?
Or is it something like a rejection from the school?
It’s been a month and I don’t get a further conversation after I was deferred.

Is there any chance still?
I’m not sure I understand. You say it’s been a month, so you got a response in early December, despite applying ED? If I understand it correctly, all ED decisions from schools must be given out by Oct 20, otherwise they must release your application to apply to different schools.

As for the deferral, usually it simply means they are offering you admission into the class starting fall of 2019, but they may offer you earlier admission if they burn through the waitlist and still have spots open in the fall 2018 entering class. Did they request a response from you? If so, what was the deadline and did you respond?

I’d recommend contacting the school to discuss your questions.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m not sure I understand. You say it’s been a month, so you got a response in early December, despite applying ED? If I understand it correctly, all ED decisions from schools must be given out by Oct 20, otherwise they must release your application to apply to different schools.

As for the deferral, usually it simply means they are offering you admission into the class starting fall of 2019, but they may offer you earlier admission if they burn through the waitlist and still have spots open in the fall 2018 entering class. Did they request a response from you? If so, what was the deadline and did you respond?

I’d recommend contacting the school to discuss your questions.

Thank you!!!
Yes I contacted them whether I was still considered for the admission, And they said I’m still considered for the admssion as the regualr pool, they just cannot make the decision at this point so I was wondering the chances for the admssion for deferred applicant

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!!!
Yes I contacted them whether I was still considered for the admission, And they said I’m still considered for the admssion as the regualr pool, they just cannot make the decision at this point so I was wondering the chances for the admssion for deferred applicant
Ah, I get it now. So you were originally considered as an ED applicant but they moved your application to the “regular applicant” pile, so to speak. Do you mind if I ask what your stats are? And have you applied to other schools?

Ah, I get it now. So you were originally considered as an ED applicant but they moved your application to the “regular applicant” pile, so to speak. Do you mind if I ask what your stats are? And have you applied to other schools?

I don’t have a degree yet, but working on prerequisite now. Have 2 yrs tech experience, some e.cs 2.9 science gpa on pharmcas. 3.2 cum gpa. No pcat (school doesn’t look at pcat)
Had interview already and it went well.
Applied other schools as well.

I don’t have a degree yet, but working on prerequisite now. Have 2 yrs tech experience, some e.cs 2.9 science gpa on pharmcas. 3.2 cum gpa. No pcat (school doesn’t look at pcat)
Had interview already and it went well.
Applied other schools as well.
Sounds like you’ll probably be ok then. I was just worried you were gonna come back with something like “I have an abysmal application but this is my dream school so I only applied here!” or something like that. Check this out from AACP, especially Table 5: Pharmacy School Admission Requirements | AACP. It should help you get a good idea of your admission chances. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your help!!!!
Just wait for it:)
Fingers crossed!!!!