Degree prior to applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gunner1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know med schools prefer applicants having a baccalaureate degree before applying. However, I'm short on just one course that I need to fulfill before I graduate. I definitely have more than 90 semester hours.

Would not having a degree while applying really make a difference?

Members don't see this ad.

So I know med schools prefer applicants having a baccalaureate degree before applying. However, I'm short on just one course that I need to fulfill before I graduate. I definitely have more than 90 semester hours.

Traditional applicants apply with an entire year of undergraduate ahead of them. No it won't make a difference.

Many people apply their senior year. As long as the degree is earned before you start classes in the summer/fall.

dsoz

Members don't see this ad :)
Many people apply their senior year. As long as the degree is earned before you start classes in the summer/fall.

dsoz

This. Just make sure you have it by the time you matriculate.

Agreed that it wouldn't make a difference, I'd be more worried about the annoyance of not being able to graduate on time because of one stinken class :(

It's a pain applying while being a Senior though, I'm literally tanking all my classes because I'm losing entire weeks of school to interview travel.

Oh well, YOLO.