Deleted Post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1079068

Post was deleted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe certain members of the SDN community will be open to sharing a potential school list that fits you if you post in the "What are my chances?" forum.

Other than that, use MSAR to make a preliminary school list based off of stats. This might be more complicated bc of your low GPA and high MCAT, but if you've had a consistently strong GPA since your rough start, I would just pick schools based off of MCAT to simplify things. After that, just shave schools off of your list for specific reasons (e.g. region preference, cost, low-yield schools, mission-specific schools etc.).

Obvious caveat that you'll see repeated several times, MSAR is your friend.

That being said, your upward trend and MCAT score are going to make you very competitive. The nice thing about a high MCAT score is it makes every other interview answer credible because you've brought the proof in the pudding.

Standard advice applies here, make sure to apply to all your in-state schools and nearby private schools. The rest is up to whether you want to do high stakes research or prestige or whatever your particular desires are.

In the meantime, continue to expand on your extracurriculars which are not bad by any means.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your state of residence ? Do you have any clinical volunteering hours with patient contact or physician shadowing hours ?

Thank you all for your help so far! Sorry, I am new here, don't really know how / where to look for help. I have both clinical volunteering hours with patient contact as well as physician shadowing hours!
Where is your state of residence ? It is important to know that in order to give you an accurate list of schools to apply to ?

Southeast, with Flagship State School that has a Med School. However, I'm not sure if I want to stay in that region for Medical School.
Just answer the question. Otherwise use the MSAR to develop your own list. You can post your list here and people will let you know if you have enough appropriate/realistic schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.