MD deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eabaker22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey SDN!

My stats are not very competitive, but the rest of my application should at minimal be engaging. I have a couple of years of medical experience, plenty of leadership and volunteering, a double major in science and a humanities, 4 languages, and a lot of out-side science/medical interests and work experience. With that said, I also have a 4.0 post-bac.

Are there any stories out there of low stats getting at least an interview based off the rest of the application?
It depends on how low the stats are and where you applied.

There are a number of MD schools, and ALL DO schools, that reward reinvention.

Hey SDN!

My stats are not very competitive, but the rest of my application should at minimal be engaging. I have a couple of years of medical experience, plenty of leadership and volunteering, a double major in science and a humanities, 4 languages, and a lot of out-side science/medical interests and work experience. With that said, I also have a 4.0 post-bac.

Are there any stories out there of low stats getting at least an interview based off the rest of the application?

You've posted multiple threads it seems, with various responses. You have stats that would make an interview possible at some DO schools (though I see an mcat posted as 501 and 505, which would suggest different levels of success), but you also have to realize the raw fact that stats (mcat and GPA) are what schools have to demonstrate how you may perform in the rigorous curriculum. With a sGPA near 3.0, you may have more to prove than you've done so far. But you have your other threads with some of those suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.