[deleted]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

capncook

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I am fresh out of undergrad and decided to work in consulting before applying to medical school. I will be joining McKinsey this summer, and while researching medical school information, I came upon this bridge program between McKinsey and Mt. Sinai: McKinsey | Icahn School of Medicine

There isn't much more information about this program online. Does anyone know any information about it, specifically personal anecdotes or admission statistics? If I receive an endorsement from McKinsey, do I have a high chance of getting in? Or is the process still highly selective? I am also going to reach out to Mt. Sinai admissions, but I was wondering if people on this forum could add some further insight. Thank you for your time.

"If you are accepted to both ISMMS and McKinsey & Company, you may enter a program in which you will begin medical school and defer your start at McKinsey until after your third year of medical school. At that time you will take a scholarly leave of absence and begin a paid two-year health care consulting fellowship at the firm, after which you will return to ISMMS to complete your final year of medical school. You also have the option of starting with two years as a business analyst at McKinsey and deferring matriculation at ISMMS"

have you taken the mcat yet ? because that was an easy cars point.

I don't understand the rudeness here. Look under "Business Analyst Pathway." That is what I am referring to. "If you are an undergraduate who has completed two years at McKinsey and you have an outstanding academic record, you will have the opportunity to apply to ISMMS without the traditional science qualifications or sitting for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT). The initiative builds on the success of the Donald and Vera Blinken FlexMed Program, which encourages talented undergraduates from any discipline to apply to the early assurance program at ISMMS."

This is different from the Co-Recruitment pathway, to which you are referring.
My bad. The flexmed program does not require McKinsey credentials. Any UG can apply without the MCAT. Its not clear if it gives you preference or not, but they give you a special form to fill out.I'd probably ask /mckinsey/admin.

Last edited:
I'm interested in knowing more about these types of programs.

Anyone know if there are any other programs/partnerships like this out there?

Reactions: 1 user