Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

btou113

Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’m not too concerned about your grades, and the B+ won’t hurt you. You need volunteering experience, which you have none of. Focus on gaining some experience there and take the DAT in the spring so you can send your application in early June.

Yes, volunteering experience and serving the underserved would really help you. Also what is your fine manual dexterity skill? Can't really say more until a DAT score comes through.

Where in New York did you grow up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still going to need some type of volunteering experience. You really can’t apply with zero, you’d be severely hurting your chances.

UConn UPenn and Columbia will be hefty reaches.

I would add Touro, Boston, Case Western, TUFTS

I need to take care of my children, ages 3 and 7, I do not want them to grow up without me in their lives.😂

Not yet, I just finished all of prerequisites courses this semester. I will start to connect with some schools admission teams, maybe school tour would help?
Thank you for advice :)
UNE for me would be a stretch geographically, but you can see if that would be a place where you can move with family. Same with Buffalo. Again, all you can do is ask and see if they have accepted candidates who are in a similar position to yours. None of us here sugar coat the fact that Cost of Attendance and Debt Number should be very important. Any way to see if there are organizations that can help you with scholarships or placements will be important. Your dentist mentors should be connected with local dental organizations that can shed some light for you.

My business is based in NY, and my mother and father-in-law live close to us. In this case, we can not move. If we move, i will lost my income from business and my employees will be unemployed.

If the cost of attendance is not a factor, I believe NYU, Columbia, Touro, and Stony Brook would be the best choices for me. Since I live in Queens, I can commute to these schools.

Maybe I will retake my DAT in August and submit later in this cycle to increase my chance.

My dentist mentors graduated from Columbia and he wants to me to try Columbia, I do not think I can without a higher DAT score.
I surmised this. I would focus on the local NYC schools and Rutgers and network with your dentist mentors to the admissions teams and students/residents at the schools since you have a geographic constraint. If you wound up with an offer at any other school but these (forcing you to attend to get to dental school) will require too much upheaval.

Status
Not open for further replies.