Denied a LOR. Best option?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessgreg

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again!

A PT from an in-patient department just happily accepted my LOR request and said she could write a very positive LOR, however I was just denied a LOR from a different PT from an out-patient clinic I volunteered with for 5 months and it put my spirits down because I need at least 2 LORs from PTs for most of the schools I'm applying to.

I recently began volunteering at a different hospital. I only have around 8 hours accumulated but the shifts are weekly for 4 hours. Should I let the PT at this new department know that I understand that while I am fairly new, would she be willing to write a LOR in about a month? Or should I ask another PT from the previous in-patient department I volunteered at to write me a letter?

Would asking 2 PTs who work together for a LOR be weird and do schools favor LORs to come from different sources (in terms of the department/setting) as well?

Members don't see this ad.

I shadowed/worked at various places. My 2 PT reqs came from the owner of the business & one of his employees. It's NBD. Get people who are going to write about you best.

Hello again!

A PT from an in-patient department just happily accepted my LOR request and said she could write a very positive LOR, however I was just denied a LOR from a different PT from an out-patient clinic I volunteered with for 5 months and it put my spirits down because I need at least 2 LORs from PTs for most of the schools I'm applying to.

I recently began volunteering at a different hospital. I only have around 8 hours accumulated but the shifts are weekly for 4 hours. Should I let the PT at this new department know that I understand that while I am fairly new, would she be willing to write a LOR in about a month? Or should I ask another PT from the previous in-patient department I volunteered at to write me a letter?

Would asking 2 PTs who work together for a LOR be weird and do schools favor LORs to come from different sources (in terms of the department/setting) as well?

I had the same LORs as low5059, owner of a PT practice and employee, both of whom I shadowed. Never in any of my interviews did the fact that both my PT references were from the same practice.