Denied a LOR. Best option?

Started by jessgreg
Tags Tags
lor ptcash
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jessgreg

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello again!

A PT from an in-patient department just happily accepted my LOR request and said she could write a very positive LOR, however I was just denied a LOR from a different PT from an out-patient clinic I volunteered with for 5 months and it put my spirits down because I need at least 2 LORs from PTs for most of the schools I'm applying to.

I recently began volunteering at a different hospital. I only have around 8 hours accumulated but the shifts are weekly for 4 hours. Should I let the PT at this new department know that I understand that while I am fairly new, would she be willing to write a LOR in about a month? Or should I ask another PT from the previous in-patient department I volunteered at to write me a letter?

Would asking 2 PTs who work together for a LOR be weird and do schools favor LORs to come from different sources (in terms of the department/setting) as well?
 
I shadowed/worked at various places. My 2 PT reqs came from the owner of the business & one of his employees. It's NBD. Get people who are going to write about you best.
 
Hello again!

A PT from an in-patient department just happily accepted my LOR request and said she could write a very positive LOR, however I was just denied a LOR from a different PT from an out-patient clinic I volunteered with for 5 months and it put my spirits down because I need at least 2 LORs from PTs for most of the schools I'm applying to.

I recently began volunteering at a different hospital. I only have around 8 hours accumulated but the shifts are weekly for 4 hours. Should I let the PT at this new department know that I understand that while I am fairly new, would she be willing to write a LOR in about a month? Or should I ask another PT from the previous in-patient department I volunteered at to write me a letter?

Would asking 2 PTs who work together for a LOR be weird and do schools favor LORs to come from different sources (in terms of the department/setting) as well?

I had the same LORs as low5059, owner of a PT practice and employee, both of whom I shadowed. Never in any of my interviews did the fact that both my PT references were from the same practice.