Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Dent or Med?-By the Way Upenn Rules!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Biffer, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Biffer

Biffer The good times doc
    10+ Year Member

Hello all,
    I am an undergrad at Upenn and I love the place-and Philly(not the hustle and bustle of NYC, but chill and still retaining the east coast flavor.) The university is beautiful-the research is awesome too. I should mention that they are always renovating and adding to the dental school. I know the dental school is great-and am considering applying there next year, along with med schools. I am having a tough choice in deciding if I want to become a DMD or MD..(either way-I think I would like to specialize in surgery) someone give me some advice on the pros and cons-and why they have decided on their respective routes.

Sincerely,
    Biffer

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ussdfiant

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm glad Penn rules now, cause it sure didn't when I was there (Back in the days when there was NO dining service on the weekends). I did enjoy living in the high rises (South for the first 3 years and North for the last).

University of Pennsylvania, Class of 1994
    UMDNJSOM, Class of 2006