Dental Army HPSP Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gummybear20

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently selected for the 4 year Army HPSP. I have a long ways to go before any of this takes place but I do have a couple of questions and any help would be appreciated!
  1. I'm thinking of doing an AEGD or residency through the Army, do I also need to pay back those years of education in addition to my four years?
  2. Is DCC and BOLC done at the same time? And is it possible to do them before starting dental school? Any advantages in doing so?
  3. If I am unable to do DCC/BOLC until I graduate from dental school, will that delay getting into AEGD/residency?

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently selected for the 4 year Army HPSP. I have a long ways to go before any of this takes place but I do have a couple of questions and any help would be appreciated!
  1. I'm thinking of doing an AEGD or residency through the Army, do I also need to pay back those years of education in addition to my four years?
  2. Is DCC and BOLC done at the same time? And is it possible to do them before starting dental school? Any advantages in doing so?
  3. If I am unable to do DCC/BOLC until I graduate from dental school, will that delay getting into AEGD/residency?
1. AEGD has no payback. Residency payback can be made concurrently with dental school.
2. DCC/BOLC is up in the air. If you can do DCC before school, go for it. TBD at this poimt.
3. Probably not. AEGDs start inOctober at the moment.

1. AEGD has no payback. Residency payback can be made concurrently with dental school.
2. DCC/BOLC is up in the air. If you can do DCC before school, go for it. TBD at this poimt.
3. Probably not. AEGDs start inOctober at the moment.
Thank you for your help!
Can I also ask why it's up in the air/TBD? Is it because of covid?

Thank you for your help!
Can I also ask why it's up in the air/TBD? Is it because of covid?
No this predates Covid and is related to lengthening BOLC beyond the traditional 6 week course. That and DCC is now mandatory for everyone so that's all factoring into the chaos.