Dental Decks/Old Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pi__Guy1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, question for all you guys who have already taken the dreaded boards:

Were a lot of the questions repeats from decks/old exams?

Members don't see this ad.

Jeff:

I would say at least 10 per section (roughly 40 repeated questions from old exams).

He...he...he..you got to take the boards and I'm done....he..he...

Just kidding, my man!

Andy

:laugh:

dude, if only i can fast forward to this time next year....wake up, clinics (look important with my pocket pc), go home and watch average joe.

LOL..

Dude, your pocket pc will be invaluable. If it wasn't for mine, I'd be doing soooooo badly in the clinic.

As for your original question I'll post what I thought about it:

Most of the repeats were from old exams. You'll always notice one or two 'die-hard' repeats that almost always show up in exams (especially in gross). The rest of the repeats (generally like Yah-E mentions 8-10 questions) are pretty random. I saw a couple that I remember seeing in old exams from the late 70s and early 80s. They don't always pick the most recent to pull questions from (as long as the question still applies).

I did notice more repeats on the gross section and DA section than I did on the other sections.

As for the breakdown of the exam, remember that 10-15 questions (I think that sounds about right) of each of the sections are *not* graded. They are new questions and as such, are only there for statistical analysis. *chuckles* Just pray that those are the questions you don't get.

:)

Good luck.. and remember, just 'cause you came out thinking you did poorly, you probably didn't. :)