Dental HPSP Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

momokobii

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for class of 2026 so I figured to start one. I applied for the Army and I'm trying to patiently wait for the results! Becoming too antsy now haha. Feel free to share any information/update with acceptance in any branches! Good luck to you all :)

Members don't see this ad.

Already heard from Air Force, navy is supposed to be mid March, and idk about army

Members don't see this ad :)
Was told end of Feb/maybe until mid March for army

Reactions: 1 user
Got accepted to the 4-yr Army HPSP. Does anyone know the GPA requirement during dental school to maintain the scholarship? I've heard there is none, or there is, and I can't find a definite answer. I'll ask my recruiter too.

I have had radio silence since I submitted my packet. Do you think I should call to ask for an update since the list is out?

I have had radio silence since I submitted my packet. Do you think I should call to ask for an update since the list is out?
I definitely would ask! You deserve to know.

Sadly, I got OML as well. Does anyone know when acceptances would be given out for OML applicants or would it be whenever there is a spot open? Also, do OML applicants automatically get considered for the 3 year HPSP? If anyone knows, please let me know and good luck to everyone!

Sadly, I got OML as well. Does anyone know when acceptances would be given out for OML applicants or would it be whenever there is a spot open? Also, do OML applicants automatically get considered for the 3 year HPSP? If anyone knows, please let me know and good luck to everyone!
What my recruiter told me is that they keep on calling the 75 that got accepted for the 4 years and whoever is on the list declines they start calling the OML list but it depends on where you are on the list that also factors in. Then they meet up and decide who on the OML gets the 3 years and it’s usually about 10 people accepted but no one really knows how many get off the OML except the board that meets up. Hope this helps and good luck!

Got accepted to the 4-yr Army HPSP. Does anyone know the GPA requirement during dental school to maintain the scholarship? I've heard there is none, or there is, and I can't find a definite answer. I'll ask my recruiter too.
No GPA requirement…just need to keep progressing in the program, I’ve been on “academic probation” and remediated courses with no repercussions. If you are forced to repeat a year they will pause your scholarship until you get back on track.

Members don't see this ad :)

My recruiter said anyone who was OML is automatically rolled over to be considered for the 3 year scholarship after they fill all the spots for the 4 year scholarship, so stay hopeful for a good call

Just out of curiosity does anyone who applies get a straight up “denied”? I got OML wanted to know if everyone who doesn’t get accepted gets OML?

No GPA requirement…just need to keep progressing in the program, I’ve been on “academic probation” and remediated courses with no repercussions. If you are forced to repeat a year they will pause your scholarship until you get back on track.
Thanks for the info, I have one more question for you. When you got the scholarship, was there lag time between when your school began and when they started paying the tuition and stipend? My FA advisor told me to take out loans for the first quarter because she sees this a lot, even takes a couple quarters for some students (forgot to ask which HPSP branches they were). My army recruiters looked at me weird when I asked lol, they said I’ll be good. So I don’t want to take out any loans if I don’t have to, because they can’t all be refunded, but I get different answers everywhere.

Just out of curiosity does anyone who applies get a straight up “denied”? I got OML wanted to know if everyone who doesn’t get accepted gets OML?
My recruiter told me people do get denied! but fingers crossed for all of us on OML

Anyone know how much time the Military gives an accepted applicant to accept the offer before they give it to someone else?

Congrats to all that have been accepted! For those who have been placed on OML, do not give up hope. I didn't get the 4 year and was placed on OML also. It wasn't until after I started D2 when I found out I got the 3 year HPSP.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. I recently finished my active duty obligation.

I got the army HPSP scholarship! Now waiting on the Navy - does anyone know when the Navy board results come out?

I got the army HPSP scholarship! Now waiting on the Navy - does anyone know when the Navy board results come out?

All my recruiter said yesterday was “March sometime, hopefully”

Thanks for the info, I have one more question for you. When you got the scholarship, was there lag time between when your school began and when they started paying the tuition and stipend? My FA advisor told me to take out loans for the first quarter because she sees this a lot, even takes a couple quarters for some students (forgot to ask which HPSP branches they were). My army recruiters looked at me weird when I asked lol, they said I’ll be good. So I don’t want to take out any loans if I don’t have to, because they can’t all be refunded, but I get different answers everywhere.
Not good turn around. Yes, you’ll take loans. Luckily you’ll have 90 days to return. That gets rid of origination fees and interest. Make sure you do all that through your bursar.

I took a $5000 student loan to cover rent ect for the first few months of school. Was able to return it once the signing bonus hit with no penalties, and a few weeks later the stipend started. Haven't needed any loans since then, but I do see some classmates taking out small loans to supplement their cost of living.

I took a $5000 student loan to cover rent ect for the first few months of school. Was able to return it once the signing bonus hit with no penalties, and a few weeks later the stipend started. Haven't needed any loans since then, but I do see some classmates taking out small loans to supplement their cost of living.
Interesting thanks. Did you have to take out loans for tuition as well, or was the lag time just for the stipend and bonus?

Interesting thanks. Did you have to take out loans for tuition as well, or was the lag time just for the stipend and bonus?
I let the school know I was on HPSP and they just deferred the tuition payment until the Army got caught up.

There was a lag time between the bonus and the stipend, can't remember exactly but a few weeks.

Last edited:
hey guys...
i have been reading on some of the past class hpsp thread for Navy... based on what they posted, seems like there are two boards for navy? one one jan and one in feb?

is it true for this year as well? if it is, is the jan boards results are out ready for Navy? I'm just confused and wanted to ask if anybody would know anything about this .....

thank you very much in advance!

hope for all of us who are waiting we will hear back soon!

hey guys...
i have been reading on some of the past class hpsp thread for Navy... based on what they posted, seems like there are two boards for navy? one one jan and one in feb?

is it true for this year as well? if it is, is the jan boards results are out ready for Navy? I'm just confused and wanted to ask if anybody would know anything about this .....

thank you very much in advance!

hope for all of us who are waiting we will hear back soon!

One 1 board this year in February

Just got the call from my Navy recruiter that I’ve been recommended for the 4 year scholarship. Good luck to everyone else who has applied!

Just a little info for y’all. Was told that both Army and Navy accepted 55 candidates each for hpsp (this isn’t 100% confirmed though). For navy I believe that’s on par with last year however that is low on the army side.
I didn’t apply to AF so I can’t speak on how many they took.

I am OML for army but got the call today for Navy that I received the 4 year scholarship which I’ll be taking as it is my dream branch & the one I truly wanted.
Good luck to everyone out there and just remember no matter what you will be a dentist a huge feet in itself

Just a little info for y’all. Was told that both Army and Navy accepted 55 candidates each for hpsp (this isn’t 100% confirmed though). For navy I believe that’s on par with last year however that is low on the army side.
I didn’t apply to AF so I can’t speak on how many they took.

I am OML for army but got the call today for Navy that I received the 4 year scholarship which I’ll be taking as it is my dream branch & the one I truly wanted.
Good luck to everyone out there and just remember no matter what you will be a dentist a huge feet in itself
Congrats...this thread is awesome. Good to hear people getting the scholarship so they won't be consigned to years of indebtedness due to dental school. So many don't realize how good of a deal this is. Good luck in dental school!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everybody, I have a question about the scroll approval process (I am Army HPSP). I just spoke to one other Army HPSP recipient and he said he’s been scroll-approved and commissions this week. My scroll is not back yet, still waiting. Are these scrolls sent up and signed off in “batches” so to speak? Are there any other Army HPSP recipients out there waiting?

has anyone on the Army HPSP OML heard any updates?

I'm a little late to the party here, but I received notice a few weeks back that I was selected for the 4 year scholarship with the Navy! Woohoo!

P.S. If anyone received the scholarship prior to graduating from undergrad, lmk what the timeline looked like as far as commissioning and such!

I declined the army scholarship, good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

anybody receive any updates with Army OML? my recruiter told me he expects to hear something soon

I didn't see a thread for class of 2026 so I figured to start one. I applied for the Army and I'm trying to patiently wait for the results! Becoming too antsy now haha. Feel free to share any information/update with acceptance in any branches! Good luck to you all :)
Do you have a guide or some sort of checklist that was given to you in regards to what you needed to do? I am about to apply for either of the scholarships (HPSP or HSCP) and am hoping I can get some help. Thanks!

So who here is still waiting for scroll approval? I know this wait is part of the Army process, just want to know if ya’ll are still waiting as well

So who here is still waiting for scroll approval? I know this wait is part of the Army process, just want to know if ya’ll are still waiting as well
My scroll was approved like 2 weeks ago.

Not good turn around. Yes, you’ll take loans. Luckily you’ll have 90 days to return. That gets rid of origination fees and interest. Make sure you do all that through your bursar.
How long did it take for the stipend to hit?

Anybody hear any updates regarding army OML or 3 year HPSP?