Dental Jobs in Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WisdomTooth18

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to find available jobs for dentists in Iowa? Checked Dental Posts and Indeed but didn't see anything. Wondering if people typically use a different search engine - thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how to find available jobs for dentists in Iowa? Checked Dental Posts and Indeed but didn't see anything. Wondering if people typically use a different search engine - thanks!
If you know where you want to live, I'd send letters to all the offices in the area asking if anyone is looking for an associate. Then follow up with a call or stop in a couple weeks later

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The state overall, sure. But what about the cities? Des Moines, Iowa City, Dubuque, etc.? Are they decent places to practice or is the market competitive?
I went to residency next door in Nebraska so most of my knowledge are through stories from other people. But Nebraska and Iowa are similar so there are some parallels. Essentially, Des Moines/Iowa City/Davenport are common areas where it is a little more saturated but still you can find your niche. Even Omaha and Lincoln, a lot of Nebraska grads every year would want to practice in those two cities but the opportunities never seemed to be lacking.

Reactions: 1 users
There's a great opportunity in Iowa, within a state of the art facility in Dubuque. Please let me know if you're interested.

Tons of great dental opportunities in Dubuque. I lived there for my undergrad and shadowed a variety of specialty clinics there.
Best bet is to ask around/call offices personally, as people in Dubuque tend to go by word-of-mouth rather than online stuff.