Dental licensure in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mercer1

Reaction score
For dental licensure in Texas after completing ADEX exam and dental school- Does anyone know whether the Perio scaling portion of ADEX is required for licensure in the state of Texas, or does the DSE OSCE fulfill this requirement? I ask because the CDCA website states that “perio is evaluated by DSE OSCE“ under the Texas requirements, but the Texas board says that all parts of the exam are required. I am confused by the contradiction, so I was wondering if anyone else knows exactly what is required for a Texas dental license as of 4/9/21 in regards to the perio evaluation.

Members don't see this ad.

For dental licensure in Texas after completing ADEX exam and dental school- Does anyone know whether the Perio scaling portion of ADEX is required for licensure in the state of Texas, or does the DSE OSCE fulfill this requirement? I ask because the CDCA website states that “perio is evaluated by DSE OSCE“ under the Texas requirements, but the Texas board says that all parts of the exam are required. I am confused by the contradiction, so I was wondering if anyone else knows exactly what is required for a Texas dental license as of 4/9/21 in regards to the perio evaluation.
I was in the same boat, I took perio portion just in case.