Dental licensure in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mercer1

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For dental licensure in Texas after completing ADEX exam and dental school- Does anyone know whether the Perio scaling portion of ADEX is required for licensure in the state of Texas, or does the DSE OSCE fulfill this requirement? I ask because the CDCA website states that “perio is evaluated by DSE OSCE“ under the Texas requirements, but the Texas board says that all parts of the exam are required. I am confused by the contradiction, so I was wondering if anyone else knows exactly what is required for a Texas dental license as of 4/9/21 in regards to the perio evaluation.
 
For dental licensure in Texas after completing ADEX exam and dental school- Does anyone know whether the Perio scaling portion of ADEX is required for licensure in the state of Texas, or does the DSE OSCE fulfill this requirement? I ask because the CDCA website states that “perio is evaluated by DSE OSCE“ under the Texas requirements, but the Texas board says that all parts of the exam are required. I am confused by the contradiction, so I was wondering if anyone else knows exactly what is required for a Texas dental license as of 4/9/21 in regards to the perio evaluation.
I was in the same boat, I took perio portion just in case.