Dental School acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsudental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does NYU, UDM, Nova, BostonU, MWU-IL, Western, and USC accepts a 19 AA(16 in RC), but all other sections are 18 and above along with a 3.1 science gpa and 3.06 overall, but post bacc is at 3.84(total 54 credit hours)?

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools auto reject if you have a section under 17, and rc is one of the more important sections. I'd call them all and ask

Some schools auto reject if you have a section under 17, and rc is one of the more important sections. I'd call them all and ask
Nova- no cutoff, 21 AA and 21 TS is to be competitive, But I know one person with a 15 PAT got into Nova
UDM-minimum of 19 in science sections, 20 is competitive, But I know one person with a 15 PAT got into UDM, and I know another person with a 14 RC got WL at UDM
NYU- average is 21 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT, and 21 RC. But I know one person with a 15 PAT got into NYU
MWU-IL-18 is competitive for AA, RC, TS, and PAT, I know one person with a 14 RC got WL at MWU-IL based on what I've seen trending on threads here at SDN.
Western-No cutoff
BostonU- 18 is competitive for all sections, But I know one person with a 15 PAT got into BU. I know one person with a 14 RC got interviewed to BU.
USC- minimum of 15 in all sections

So did that answered your question?????

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It's not impossible, but I don't love your chances. With a 3.1 sGPA, you'd really needed to knock your DAT out of the park (talking like every section 20+). My personal recommendation to take a SMP or 1-year master's program heavy on science courses, and score at least a 3.6 GPA. Then retake the DAT around the end of the masters when you no doubt will be more prepared for the science sections, aiming for the scores I've just mentioned.

Here's a brief personal annecdote: I initially applied with an undergrad sGPA of 3.2 (with 2 W's and an F mixed in there) and DAT scores of 22AA / 19TS (none lower than 18). Got 2 interviews and then ended the cycle with no acceptances. I decided to take a 1-year masters program in Biomedical Sciences, while still applying the next cycle just to take my chances again. Got 1 interview, ended the cycle with no acceptance, and also had to prepare to retake the DAT since it was expiring. For my 3rd time applying (this cycle), I applied with a 3.9 GPA in my masters and a DAT of 23AA / 22TS (no scores below 22). Got 6 interviews, where I am currently waitlisted at 4 of them and was accepted to 1.

There are many ways in improving your application, mine is just one, but the main takeaway is to keep improving and never give up :)

Reactions: 1 user
Nova- no cutoff, 21 AA and 21 TS is to be competitive, But I know one person with a 15 PAT got into Nova
UDM-minimum of 19 in science sections, 20 is competitive, But I know one person with a 15 PAT got into UDM, and I know another person with a 14 RC got WL at UDM
NYU- average is 21 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT, and 21 RC. But I know one person with a 15 PAT got into NYU
MWU-IL-18 is competitive for AA, RC, TS, and PAT, I know one person with a 14 RC got WL at MWU-IL based on what I've seen trending on threads here at SDN.
Western-No cutoff
BostonU- 18 is competitive for all sections, But I know one person with a 15 PAT got into BU. I know one person with a 14 RC got interviewed to BU.
USC- minimum of 15 in all sections

So did that answered your question?????

You were the one that asked the question, if you knew all this info why did you make the post lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
It's not impossible, but I don't love your chances. With a 3.1 sGPA, you'd really needed to knock your DAT out of the park (talking like every section 20+). My personal recommendation to take a SMP or 1-year master's program heavy on science courses, and score at least a 3.6 GPA. Then retake the DAT around the end of the masters when you no doubt will be more prepared for the science sections, aiming for the scores I've just mentioned.

Here's a brief personal annecdote: I initially applied with an undergrad sGPA of 3.2 (with 2 W's and an F mixed in there) and DAT scores of 22AA / 19TS (none lower than 18). Got 2 interviews and then ended the cycle with no acceptances. I decided to take a 1-year masters program in Biomedical Sciences, while still applying the next cycle just to take my chances again. Got 1 interview, ended the cycle with no acceptance, and also had to prepare to retake the DAT since it was expiring. For my 3rd time applying (this cycle), I applied with a 3.9 GPA in my masters and a DAT of 23AA / 22TS (no scores below 22). Got 6 interviews, where I am currently waitlisted at 4 of them and was accepted to 1.

There are many ways in improving your application, mine is just one, but the main takeaway is to keep improving and never give up :)
Are you saying that a post bacc would not work?