Aug 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I have a 3.81 GPA and 23 DAT score. The only thing is that I wasn't able to finish sending in my application until mid July. I realize that isn't the earliest date to submit, but it isn't late right? I know a lot of schools haven't sent out Interview emails yet, but a couple I have applied to have, and I didn't get an interview. Do schools send out more then round round of interview invites?

Carmencitas

2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Schools can send out interviews from now until Spring. Just be patient :)

Reactions: 1 user

macsak

2+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2018
I have a 3.81 GPA and 23 DAT score. The only thing is that I wasn't able to finish sending in my application until mid July. I realize that isn't the earliest date to submit, but it isn't late right? I know a lot of schools haven't sent out Interview emails yet, but a couple I have applied to have, and I didn't get an interview. Do schools send out more then round round of interview invites?
trust the process...

About the Ads
Jul 30, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Your stats will likely get you an interview. These schools are rolling admission. Interviews will be sent out in batches. I don't know if this matters, but I sent out my application in late July. 1 interview so far.

Sep 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
For people who have already interviewed, how do you suggest you structure the answer to the question, "tell me about yourself"
I never know where to begin with that one :laugh:

MLC45

2+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
For people who have already interviewed, how do you suggest you structure the answer to the question, "tell me about yourself"
I never know where to begin with that one :laugh:
I would say, “Hello, I’m futureddsyancy. I have a major in Health Sciences with a 2nd major/minor in Biology. I love doing (list a couple of hobbies) in my free time, and I’m excited to be here today!” It’s not too long, not too short, they know your education and have gotten to know you personally.

macsak

2+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2018
I would say, “Hello, I’m futureddsyancy. I have a major in Health Sciences with a 2nd major/minor in Biology. I love doing (list a couple of hobbies) in my free time, and I’m excited to be here today!” It’s not too long, not too short, they know your education and have gotten to know you personally.

great answer
you could also add where you are from and where you go to undergrad
or something about your family...

Aug 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Will dental schools tell you if they are no longer considering your application/puting you on a waiting list?

macsak

2+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2018
Will dental schools tell you if they are no longer considering your application/puting you on a waiting list?

almost every school will not
a few will notify you right away, and another few will let you know on the dec acceptance date

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads