Dental School interviews

Started by VicBow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VicBow

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 3.81 GPA and 23 DAT score. The only thing is that I wasn't able to finish sending in my application until mid July. I realize that isn't the earliest date to submit, but it isn't late right? I know a lot of schools haven't sent out Interview emails yet, but a couple I have applied to have, and I didn't get an interview. Do schools send out more then round round of interview invites?
 
I have a 3.81 GPA and 23 DAT score. The only thing is that I wasn't able to finish sending in my application until mid July. I realize that isn't the earliest date to submit, but it isn't late right? I know a lot of schools haven't sent out Interview emails yet, but a couple I have applied to have, and I didn't get an interview. Do schools send out more then round round of interview invites?
trust the process...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your stats will likely get you an interview. These schools are rolling admission. Interviews will be sent out in batches. I don't know if this matters, but I sent out my application in late July. 1 interview so far.
 
For people who have already interviewed, how do you suggest you structure the answer to the question, "tell me about yourself"
I never know where to begin with that one :laugh:
 
For people who have already interviewed, how do you suggest you structure the answer to the question, "tell me about yourself"
I never know where to begin with that one :laugh:
I would say, “Hello, I’m futureddsyancy. I have a major in Health Sciences with a 2nd major/minor in Biology. I love doing (list a couple of hobbies) in my free time, and I’m excited to be here today!” It’s not too long, not too short, they know your education and have gotten to know you personally.
 
I would say, “Hello, I’m futureddsyancy. I have a major in Health Sciences with a 2nd major/minor in Biology. I love doing (list a couple of hobbies) in my free time, and I’m excited to be here today!” It’s not too long, not too short, they know your education and have gotten to know you personally.

great answer
you could also add where you are from and where you go to undergrad
or something about your family...
 
Will dental schools tell you if they are no longer considering your application/puting you on a waiting list?

almost every school will not
a few will notify you right away, and another few will let you know on the dec acceptance date