Dental School Limbo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bocci Balls

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about how many candidates Louisville or UMDNJ put on their waitlist? And of those people waitlisted, what is the chance of getting a seat?

April 1st can't come fast enough! This wait is killing me. I hope to hear I have been accepted somewhere before I drop another $1000 for the 2008 application cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

While I dont know the "exact" numbers...I think that UofL interviewed more people this year than usual...simply b/c of the flood of applicants that went out this year. I do not believe that anyone who got interviewed, at least before dec1st, has been rejected. At least I know I havent. They sent out a letter to those waitlisted asking if they still wanted to be considered. Since it didn't cost anything to do so...I'm assuming most people said yes. But I believe there is probably a pretty nice size waitlist at UofL...I have no idea about UMDJ..i didn't apply there.

I just spoke to UMDNJ and they said there are about 70 students on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can imagine that they will take a look through the list towards the end of the first week in April.

I talked to Sandie a couple of weeks ago, and she said they don't expect the list to moce until may... what makes you think April will see some action?

Also, Is the class overbooked at this point or are they at their desired quota? cause maybe they'll wait for a few ppl to drop before they even offer one spot. 70 sounds like a lot... wow