Dental Shaowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ihavetheworstluck

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had made an arrangement with a dentist near by to shadow him. On the phone I talked to the receptionist who told me to come half an hour early to go over the lists of patients. I gladly agreed and when I came in I was greeted by the staff and then by the dentist. He invited to go back in the office to view the rooms. He then proceeded to show me the equipments and started talking about dental work. I looked confused and he then made a comment regarding my first year in dental school. I was a little bit taken back by and corrected him by telling them that I'm actually a freshman in undergraduate college. He didn't say much after that, but then told me to go back to the reception room and wait. Ten minutes later, he walked out and told me that I can't shadow him since I am not in dental school and that it would be a violation of his patients' privacy. I was very caught up in the moment and decided to be polite and left. Keep in mind that when I made this appointment on the phone, I had said that I am a student at a university not a dental school in pursuing dentistry. He basically ****ed me over because this is an assignment for a seminar class worth 150 points that is due in a week. I get that he is busy but couldn't he have left me shadow without giving his patients' personal information?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see how a D1 would want to shadow a dentist. Anyways, I work at a dental office, I can help you with your assignment :D

Reactions: 1 user
I now understand why dentists are such dinguses. I don't think you can help me with my assignment since my assignment is to shadow a dentist.
Lmao, one bad apple. And if you didn't have to take a pic with the dentist, then I'm pretty sure you can fake this assignment.

Reactions: 1 user