Dental Tuition Fees for International Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArchEnemy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need your help in clarification about dental tuition fees in US. I'm a Canadian, so applying to US universities would mean that I will be considered an International Applicant. However, I have been trying to find out about the tuition fees I will have to pay, to schools like UPenn or Maryland or NYU etc. I have seen the website www.predents.com and they provided the estimated tuition fees for In state and Out state students. Do the mentioned out state tuition fees apply to me?

I did try to use the search function but couldn't quite get the information I needed.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate any forms of input on this.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks doc toothache,

I didn't quite understand your statement. My understanding of out-state, or at least in Canada they call it out-of-province, means that if i resided in Ontario, I would pay different fees from those residing within Quebec if I did attend Dental school at Mcgill.

So my question again, as an international applicant, do I pay the Out-State tuition fees? Or is there another category for International Applicants? thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
So my question again, as an international applicant, do I pay the Out-State tuition fees? Or is there another category for International Applicants? thanks.

In general there are only two categories; in state and out of state- and you can take a wild guess which one you believe you may qualify for.

Hi OP, for public schools/state-schools you are classified under out-of-state for admission and tuition purposes. For private schools like Upenn and NYU, everyone pays the same cost. Hope this helps.

Hi OP, for public schools/state-schools you are classified under out-of-state for admission and tuition purposes. For private schools like Upenn and NYU, everyone pays the same cost. Hope this helps.

It helped a lot! Thank you very very much! :love:

Thank you too doc toothache :oops: