Dental work done to you...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ozzman

Doing what i can
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for all the people here who want to be Dentists... how much dental work have you had? and what has been done?

i just got back from a 2 hour dental session so im kinda curious.... il would go first.. but id rather for some replies first..

Members don't see this ad.

Ozzman said:
for all the people here who want to be Dentists... how much dental work have you had? and what has been done?

i just got back from a 2 hour dental session so im kinda curious.... il would go first.. but id rather for some replies first..

Heh its not pretty.

3 Front veneers (#7, #8, #9) - sled accident
Root Canal #8 due to trauma
All wisdom teeth removed
Inlay/onlay #2, #3, #4, #14, #19
Amalgam #30, #31 (Soon to be inlays/onlays)
Composite #15
Root Canal + Crown #18 (impacted wisdom tooth trapped food and caused this)
Tooth bleaching 22% Carbamide Peroxide
Yay for weak enamel :(

Bleeching :D
2 cavities :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
ooo i havent learned the specifics yet, but wisdom teeth out, braces, some cavaties, and i forgot the name but the composite or onlay?? on my front tooth (it was really small so they made it look bgger)

I haven't had any cavities since I was twelve so I couldn't tell you which teeth except for my only amalgam on #3. Both wisdom teeth on right side (never had left ones, I guess I lack wisdom compared to most). Oh yeah, did I mention 4 years of braces. Not counting the several years of prep before that (several different gadgets I can't even remember the name of). My baby teeth wouldn't budge. I looked like a shark with two sets of teeth in my mouth.

1 cavity
So far knock on wood...of course, I just now jinxed myself. Thanks SDN! :eek:
;)

I have had a lot of stuff done. Seems as if my teeth are prone to cavities and such. I have had a bridge put in, multiple cavities, sealants (when i was younger), a root canal, and another root canal coming up within a week or two.

DrTacoElf said:
Heh its not pretty.

All wisdom teeth removed
Composite #15
Damn. I wish you were one of my dental school patients...I could have nearly graduated on you.

Actually, I've got a mouth full of amalgams and a gold #10, but my wife has never had a cavity. Lord knows I looked while I was in school. I found one little pit on a molar that I filled with composite late one night in the clinic.

BTW, I was just kidding about the gold.

<cracks knuckles>

Amalgams in all 1st and 2nd molars. Third molars surgically extracted. Composites redone in several molars a couple years later. Large molar amalgam --> root canal and crown (separated by two painful painful days). Orthognathic surgery. Braces. Bleaching. All done in the past 5 years. Before that, it's all a blur.

I'd say I've got a $20k oral cavity. I am definitely empathic.

Several cavities and sealant the molars, and 3.5 years of braces (my orthodontist LIED and said it would be only one year... took 3.5x as long and I still have an open bite. I do not like my orthodontist :( ...). And OTC bleaching, but I don't think that counts - it cost less than $300 :D .

Tzips said:
Several cavities and sealant the molars, and 3.5 years of braces (my orthodontist LIED and said it would be only one year... took 3.5x as long and I still have an open bite. I do not like my orthodontist :( ...). And OTC bleaching, but I don't think that counts - it cost less than $300 :D .
Just curious...was your orthodontist a board-certified orthodontist, or was he a general dentist with a drawer full of wires and brackets?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't know where to start here...aside from the usual braces and wisdom teeth out, my parents thought it would be a good idea to get sealants done when I was younger, but unfortunately the dentist did a HORRIBLE job, didn't clean out all the water and/or decay, so we move to NC from NY, go to a new dentist, and EVERY sealant decayed underneath, some pretty badly, none were a simple filling to fix, and crown lengthenings and root canals were not a fun way to spend middle/high school, but it is the reason I want to be a dentist...

Lets just say that if I chew on aluminum foil I can generate enough power to run Delaware.

toofache32 said:
Just curious...was your orthodontist a board-certified orthodontist, or was he a general dentist with a drawer full of wires and brackets?

Board-ceritified, belive it or not; I think he was just getting old...

hrm

few cavaties . some had to be redone.

wisdom teeth extracted
and one root canal on #3. need to get a crown on it.

hmm..

I've been through ortho and just recently bleached my teeth!

all 4 wizzies, 3 years of ortho, and some sealants and 1 or 2 cavities a long time ago in my primary teeth.

2 root canals on my upper anterior teeth as a kid (luckily they fell out)
Lots O Cavities as a kid
1 or 2 cavities in the last 10 years
Recent cracked #2 molar (from a big ass 15 year old filling and a perfectly bit jolly rancher) with a crown.
#7 got knocked and turn 180deg the day before I got my drivers license (big fat lip on the picture) so I turned it back around, stuffed it back up in the socked and I was really nice to it chewing for about 1 year. Lived with a grey anterior tooth for the past 15 years and just tried some crest strips. Believe it or not it is white again.

Thats it.

aphistis said:
None. At all. :D

Ditto. Except for braces for 2 years. I think I got lucky. :D

CUdental007

veneers 8 & 9
#19 - two years of redoing a small DO and separate B filling with composite, amalgam, and sedative fillings - finally root canaled and has a full porcelain crown on it
three other fillings
a retained when i was young to reposition #11
4-3rds removed
gum trimming posterior to #18, perio defect after wisdom teeth removal

DrTacoElf said:
Heh its not pretty.

All wisdom teeth removed
Composite #15

:eek:

Tons of fillings when I was a kid, maybe even a root canal or two...(I think I had super weak enamel in my baby teeth)...No cavities in the last 10 years... (Knock on wood)...No orthodontics...all in all, pretty lucky in recent years :luck: