Dentistry at UQ or UniMelb

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Needing Help

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi :)

So, these questions have been on my mind for a long time. Is there a major difference between BDsc (5 year undergraduate course at UQ) and DDS (7 years total - 4 year graduate course + 3 year undergrad, at UniMelb)?
If so, will having a DDS degree help my chances of getting work? and will this degree allow me to work overseas?
UQ needs a high UMAT score, and I'm finding UMAT quite hard... but i feel as if i can do better for GAMSAT to get into UniMelb...
The major issue with this is that, my father is against me going to UniMelb (leaving home); but i want to try being independent... how can i convince him?

Many thanks in advance <3

Members don't see this ad.

Hi :)

So, these questions have been on my mind for a long time. Is there a major difference between BDsc (5 year undergraduate course at UQ) and DDS (7 years total - 4 year graduate course + 3 year undergrad, at UniMelb)?
If so, will having a DDS degree help my chances of getting work? and will this degree allow me to work overseas?
UQ needs a high UMAT score, and I'm finding UMAT quite hard... but i feel as if i can do better for GAMSAT to get into UniMelb...
The major issue with this is that, my father is against me going to UniMelb (leaving home); but i want to try being independent... how can i convince him?

Many thanks in advance <3

No idea what a UMAT or GAMSAT is so I'm guessing you need to post this in the foreign dental school section because most of us here take the US DAT or the Canadian version.