Deposit/acceptance: respond by...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eran76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I lifted this off the Louisville bulletin:

- If accepted between December 1 and January 1: 45 days.
- If accepted between January 1 and February 1: 30 days.
- If accepted after February 1: 15 days.

Is this the standard maximum time to respond/deposit for ALL schools???

(I could have sworn I had read something like this that held true for all schools, but for the life of me I can't find it now).

On slightly different topic:

What if you run out of money to make deposits? (some schools want two big ones). Is there some sort of scholarship/assistance/reduction program?

Members don't see this ad.

eran76 said:
I lifted this off the Louisville bulletin:

- If accepted between December 1 and January 1: 45 days.
- If accepted between January 1 and February 1: 30 days.
- If accepted after February 1: 15 days.

Is this the standard maximum time to respond/deposit for ALL schools???

(I could have sworn I had read something like this that held true for all schools, but for the life of me I can't find it now).

On slightly different topic:

What if you run out of money to make deposits? (some schools want two big ones). Is there some sort of scholarship/assistance/reduction program?

Yes, that is the standard for *most* dental schools and it is the timeframe that the ADA recommends that dental schools use. Although I hear some schools give you less time. If there are any schools who give you less time, feel free to post them and the response time given.

As far as your 2nd question, I've never heard of any sort of scholarship/assistance/reduction program for the deposits themselves. You can always contact the schools and see if they'll work out a payment plan. I work at Seattle University for a Master's program and we've allowed payment plans for a few students. It doesn't hurt to ask.

thanks snoop.

e

Members don't see this ad :)
i was accepted to my state school....the university of mississippi.....on dec. 1st, and was given 15 days to pay the deposit. since this was my first choice, mainly b/c of cost of attendance, this was not a real problem, but a little more time to make that decision would have been nice.

I was accepted to Tufts on Dec 1 and they only gave me until Jan 7.