Deposits and Seat Reservation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NordicFroggy

Reaction score
So I am happy to say I have received an acceptance at my state’s osteopathic medical school, the deposit is due in the middle of December. I find this to be a nice gesture for the school to give you a good amount of time to decide. Obviously I still have a few eggs in the basket as far as interviews. Which brings me to my question.

I was curious if anyone would know the answer to this generally or if it’s schools specific. Is your seat guaranteed until that deposit due date? Or can the class potentially fill up by then and you are SOL if you haven’t paid.

Members don't see this ad.

So I am happy to say I have received an acceptance at my state’s osteopathic medical school, the deposit is due in the middle of December. I find this to be a nice gesture for the school to give you a good amount of time to decide. Obviously I still have a few eggs in the basket as far as interviews. Which brings me to my question.

I was curious if anyone would know the answer to this generally or if it’s schools specific. Is your seat guaranteed until that deposit due date? Or can the class potentially fill up by then and you are SOL if you haven’t paid.
From my understanding, your seat is guaranteed until the deposit deadline. If you don't make your deposit, you forfeit your seat. If you submit before or on the due date, your seat 100% reserved until whatever next stipulations the school may have.

Reactions: 1 user