Deposits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshua_msu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever heard of schools giving a short extension or allowing to pay in installments for the acceptance fee? I was just curious because some of them are 2000 dollars.

Members don't see this ad.

I know of one that gave me a few days leeway because of the holidays, but as far as payments go, I don't know I never asked. I plan to charge my credit card to the max :eek:

The only experience I have had is one in which I have to pay $250 by mid-DEC, $750 by mid-JAN, and $1000 by mid-FEB. As far as I understood the instructions, it was either the minimum or more or no acceptance. However, like everything else in life, I am sure there are exceptions to the rules. Good luck either way and I hope this helps!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have the gumption to ask for a payment plan - they are happy to acommodate (sometimes). They'll take all your money today or some today and some tomorrow - it never hurts to ask. I did.

If it's one of those ungodly deposits like LECOM, drag it out as long as possible.

My friend got a 2-3 week extension on that deposit because he really didn't want to go to there.

$1,500 is a lot of money. Tell them you don't have it.

In my case, that would have been true.

What are they going to say? Sorry, you can't go to out medical school because you are too poor to cough up a $1,500 deposit in 4 weeks? Right.

Has anyone tried to get an extension? If so, what did they say? Anyone get an extension with KCOM?

Originally posted by JPHazelton
What are they going to say? Sorry, you can't go to out medical school because you are too poor to cough up a $1,500 deposit in 4 weeks? Right.

Try Touro - $2000 within 2 weeks of acceptance. High pressure - even if it wasn't meant to be. It's one school that getting an earlier interview/acceptance puts you in a financial disadvantage - unless you're sure you want to go there.

- Tae

If schools are so desparate to hold onto their acceptancees, why don't they try bettering their education rather than roping people into financial comittments?

I know several people who are at schools now primarily because they invested thousands into them and another acceptance came too late.