You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Derm Attending Seeking Guidance from Pain
Started by drusso
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Suggest an umbrella liability policy of at least 5 million, more in the future.
Prioritize your health. It’s the thing we forget to do until it’s too late.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Might I suggest donating to charity? Nothing is more fulfilling. The Rolo Foundation is a great place to start.
and the Foundation sends such nice gifts in exchange for donations!
Why do they have to say specific number instead of saying “ I make a very good living” or something else. Thats not even a humble brag. It’s just bragging.
Is this real ?
what the difference between this and mitch posting his target practice?Why do they have to say specific number instead of saying “ I make a very good living” or something else. Thats not even a humble brag. It’s just bragging.
i might as well post my marathon times, my golf scores, or my wife's cup size.
probably not. its from drusso, and he scours the darkest reaches of the interweb. he probably copied it from on some weird reddit subforum or mailing listIs this real ?
probably not. its from drusso, and he scours the darkest reaches of the interweb. he probably copied it from on some weird reddit subforum or mailing list
He has zero credibility with me. He’s made up these type of posts to get reactions and gloat in his own way in the past
it is, posted on facebook group - mohs surgeonIs this real ?
doesnt mean that its not made up.I'll just chime in that this isn't made up from drusso and is posted on a FB group I'm also a part of.
do you know the poster, and are they trustworthy?
that being said, i wouldnt be surprised if a derm subspecialist in ohio made this much
correct, very well could be made up and all the people posting on that group are posting similar things to what you're seeing here. just saying it's not drusso making it up.doesnt mean that its not made up.
do you know the poster, and are they trustworthy?
that being said, i wouldnt be surprised if a derm subspecialist in ohio made this much
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mohs surgeons make a ton. Everyone knows. Maybe just say your a mohs surgeon.. specifics are tone deaf and tasteless when you have pcps making 200k.
I'll just chime in that this isn't made up from drusso and is posted on a FB group I'm also a part of.
For the record...I never make anything up...🙂
epidemics of cluneal neuralgia?For the record...I never make anything up...🙂
um.... good for the main poster.
you envious much, drusso?
otherwise, who cares? not me.
you envious much, drusso?
otherwise, who cares? not me.
epidemics of cluneal neuralgia?
Do you deny it's an epidemic? Look at Linked-In
yes, i deny its an epidemic.Do you deny it's an epidemic? Look at Linked-In
i thought you meant it as a joke.
yes, i deny its an epidemic.
i thought you meant it as a joke.
Maybe it’s possible to be that much of a unicorn? That take home is high even for Mohs, especially on a what would be a 4 day work week. After taxes and quoted expenses that’s $650k to save yearly. To have a net worth of $5M in 5 years, had to have not have had any student loans, had zero practice buy in, and hit that number from day 1 with no ramp up.
I don’t believe in all that together unless his family set him up financially from the get go and/or trust fund and/or handed him the keys to a busy practice. Only other option is really, really killing it in the market with at least some of the above.
If actually true, good for his family. Unfortunately they have to put up with someone who sounds insufferable while also living in Ohio.
I don’t believe in all that together unless his family set him up financially from the get go and/or trust fund and/or handed him the keys to a busy practice. Only other option is really, really killing it in the market with at least some of the above.
If actually true, good for his family. Unfortunately they have to put up with someone who sounds insufferable while also living in Ohio.
The purchasing power of physicians has gone down dramatically over the last several decades relative to the sizable gains made by other fields.
I have no issue with what this derm is making. Good for him. However I have a huge problem with peds and primary care et al being paid in the 200s. The answer is not to rip on the doc making 1.5, it’s to advocate for our profession (not just specialty) and to bring up the floor of what docs make in general. A rising tide raises all ships and all that
I have no issue with what this derm is making. Good for him. However I have a huge problem with peds and primary care et al being paid in the 200s. The answer is not to rip on the doc making 1.5, it’s to advocate for our profession (not just specialty) and to bring up the floor of what docs make in general. A rising tide raises all ships and all that
as much money as he makes.... he still has to live in Ohio.....
But not for long if he doesn’t want to.
I find it unlikely that someone who was at least smart enough to get into med school/derm is so clueless they have to ask the Internet about how to spend their money and provide a bunch of humble brags but nothing they dislike ("I have an amazing family, house, sweet cars and vacation often while barely working. But I'm so not sure how to prioritize quality of life guys 🙁 "). Seems more like a troll poster. I agree with the general sentiment expressed by au bon pain though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're making that little as a full-time, not fresh out of residency PCP then you're doing something wrong.The purchasing power of physicians has gone down dramatically over the last several decades relative to the sizable gains made by other fields.
I have no issue with what this derm is making. Good for him. However I have a huge problem with peds and primary care et al being paid in the 200s. The answer is not to rip on the doc making 1.5, it’s to advocate for our profession (not just specialty) and to bring up the floor of what docs make in general. A rising tide raises all ships and all that
A lot of pcp types have a huge disconnect. They want to make more than $200k but also only want to see 12-15 patients per day and want to have 6 office staff members. The math doesn’t math even with downstream referrals for the hospital.
What they have to discuss with the patient is always more extensive than what we discuss.
They are spending much more time with the patient and treating a lot more conditions, but in this fee for service model where procedures are most valued, they just don't get good compensation.
The math doesn't math because of that.
They are spending much more time with the patient and treating a lot more conditions, but in this fee for service model where procedures are most valued, they just don't get good compensation.
The math doesn't math because of that.
"Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven" -Lucifer, Paradise Lost by John Milton.Reign in heaven or serve in hell. It’s an old story.
Conversely the OP does sound like they are reigning in Heaven while I am now serving in Hell...... so I guess it all works out
There are PCPs that do volume and they’re high quality. Streamlined process, efficient. Soooooooo much time is wasted in primary care, and there are often 17 staff members sitting around waiting to draw blood and check vitals. Sit there on their phone watching FB Reels.What they have to discuss with the patient is always more extensive than what we discuss.
They are spending much more time with the patient and treating a lot more conditions, but in this fee for service model where procedures are most valued, they just don't get good compensation.
The math doesn't math because of that.
Yep. I visited a hospital owned outlying clinic. A doc and two midlevels, large amount of MA’s, lab tech. No patients.
Hobby that you become amazing at. Better than money.
Get a six pack, dominate golf, etc.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 31
- Views
- 2K