Derm vs Plastic...which has more good looking people?

Started by Dr.Smexy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.Smexy

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just want to have a fun thread. I'm a volunteer at a big academic hospital. Every time I passed by the dermatology floor, it seemed like it was the spot where all the good looking residents hang out at. I don't have much experience with plastic department but the residents who I got to talk to were all decent looking as well. The females are usually the pretty ones while the men are less so (a lot more handsome mofo than other departments but most are below average). What's your experience at your med school like? Do the attractive people tend to follow these two specialties?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Derm is always the best looking specialty, by far.

Biased, but I'd actually put ENT at #2.
Interesting, I haven't met any ENT resident as of yet but one can do a facial reconstructive fellowship after so I guess it somewhat aligns with the plastic surgery field as well.
 
Just want to have a fun thread. I'm a volunteer at a big academic hospital. Every time I passed by the dermatology floor, it seemed like it was the spot where all the good looking residents hang out at. I don't have much experience with plastic department but the residents who I got to talk to were all decent looking as well. The females are usually the pretty ones while the men are less so (a lot more handsome mofo than other departments but most are below average). What's your experience at your med school like? Do the attractive people tend to follow these two specialties?

The prettiest girls seem to be in nursing imo.
 
Just want to have a fun thread. I'm a volunteer at a big academic hospital. Every time I passed by the dermatology floor, it seemed like it was the spot where all the good looking residents hang out at. I don't have much experience with plastic department but the residents who I got to talk to were all decent looking as well. The females are usually the pretty ones while the men are less so (a lot more handsome mofo than other departments but most are below average). What's your experience at your med school like? Do the attractive people tend to follow these two specialties?

Ortho. Because they all lift more than the other specialties combined.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ortho

57591759.jpg
 
There's a seriously bangin' orthopaedic surgeon in the hospital I work at. Otherwise, it seems like the ER technicians are the best looking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Even in residency.

The derm residents notoriously stroll into the coffee shop around 9:30 or so.

Sometimes we see them when we are in between our first and second case of the day.

Outside of that...spotting on in the hospital is kind of like spotting a unicorn...
giphy.gif