Des Moines APT

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by freddyca, Jun 26, 2000.

1. freddyca

freddyca Junior Member

I have finalized my apartment decisions.
    TO eitheir
    Nottingham Square (Urbandale),
    Winwood (Johnston),
    Country Village in West Des Moines
    or Old English in WDM.

I would love feedback about any of these complexes, since I won't get a chance to see them, because I will not be able to take a trip to Des Moines.

I was also wondering if any of you know if Johnston and Urbandale are really far from the school.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. alpha1phi

alpha1phi Member

freddy - think about Somerset!!! I already wrote a response in "housing in des moines" Let me know what you decide!!

beth

4. medstudent2b

medstudent2b Junior Member

I looked at Nottingham and Winwood and I think they are both nice. I wnet with Olde English Village because of price and location. It is exactly 3-1/2 miles from school. Away, but yet near. I have heard Somerset was nice, but did not look at it since they do not accept pets. Good luck!

5. ryanpj

ryanpj Senior Member

Freddy, out of the ones you are considering I only looked at Notingham. It is nice and has quite a few amenties. Although I do not know how much use you could get out of them. Basically you pay for the location when you live in that area. I do not need a tanning bed in my package and I am not afraid or too good to live on the "East Side" so I picked Somerset. It is basically Nottingham without the so called "must location". East Side vs. West Side! I was told by citizens that Winwood was probably one of the best in town, but a little expensive for me.