desperately seeking sanity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runlolarun

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone else is in my same situation. I am sitting on a few rejections and still waiting to hear from a few places. I know that the waiting will end soon, but it is driving me crazy.

Any one else?

Oh and congrats to all that have acceptances. I am soo jealous!

Well feel free to use this thread to bitch and moan. Believe me, I totally understand!

good luck to all. there is still hope.

RLR

Members don't see this ad.

You may be looking for sanity in the wrong place at this point of the cycle.

runlolarun said:
Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone else is in my same situation. I am sitting on a few rejections and still waiting to hear from a few places. I know that the waiting will end soon, but it is driving me crazy.

Any one else?

Well feel free to use this thread to bitch and moan. Believe me, I totally understand!

RLR

I feel the same. I am sick to my stomach all the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, but also waiting in a hold pile post-interview at one. Fortunately have a DO acceptance at a place I really like as well.

kaffy said:
I feel the same. I am sick to my stomach all the time.

Oh god, I know. I am constantly nervous. I feel like I am thinking about it all the time. I try not to but it's really hard. I don't think my friends understand cause they are not going through it. I just want this sooo bad.

At least we don't have too much longer. So what schools are you waiting to hear from? Are you a senior in college.

I graduated in 2004 and I been working since. I am soo ready to go back to school.

hang in there!

PhillyRA said:
You may be looking for sanity in the wrong place at this point of the cycle.

Seriously! I doubt anyone has much sanity to spare at this point. I know I don't

runlolarun said:
Seriously! I doubt anyone has much sanity to spare at this point. I know I don't

I feel your pain, I graduated 2004 and am currently working way to many hours as a research assistant. I look envously at the free tiem my housemates ahve as first year med students. THis waiting has made me compulsive about checking emails and voicemails hoping for any news, especially when my parents call.

I'm trying to convince myself that if I end up not getting in and end up having to reapply that i will be okay waiting tables for another year.. and working 2-3 other odd jobs... i definitely need the money since this year's cycle killed my savings (>$3000)... with each rejection and each day that passes with no word from med schools... my fear is quickly becoming a reality...

OhtheSilliness said:
I'm trying to convince myself that if I end up not getting in and end up having to reapply that i will be okay waiting tables for another year.. and working 2-3 other odd jobs... i definitely need the money since this year's cycle killed my savings (>$3000)... with each rejection and each day that passes with no word from med schools... my fear is quickly becoming a reality...

Yeah it's no fun at all. But I guess we will all know for sure real soon. I am starting to feel the jitters too. Hang in there!

oh and keep me posted on what happens.

RLR

runlolarun said:
Hello All,

Any one else?

RLR

You are not the only one. I've been getting more and more crazy as each day passes. I tell myself not to go on SDN because that only makes it worse but man, it's like an addiction and I cannot stop myself from going on this forum.

Waiting112 said:
You are not the only one. I've been getting more and more crazy as each day passes. I tell myself not to go on SDN because that only makes it worse but man, it's like an addiction and I cannot stop myself from going on this forum.
SDN has actually helpd me - it gives me a place to rant and rave to a receptive and understanding audience.

This just in: CU may send out notices as soon as 3/20, two whole days earlier than expected (14 days of waiting and counting).

I know how you feel....but my waiting could last several more months as I am on an alternate list and may not find out until August!