Deteriorating social skills

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I of course think the guy is scummy for what he did, I just think it is laughably hypocritical for a proclaimed feminist to respond with violence knowing full well there will be no retaliation coming because of chauvinistic views of women being the weaker sex. No surprise though - having cake, eating it too.

Where did I say I knew that he wouldn't respond back with violence? I told you want I did, I told you it was stupid and I was drunk. I'm not proud of it. It was a mistake and I could have ended up with my as$ beat. I'm lucky I didn't. I would NEVER recommend any girl to pick a physical fight with a man or anyone. I don't support fighting. I was drunk and made a mistake. I'm not the only person who's done that. I wasn't trying to make a statement with my actions, I saw someone, my friend, getting assaulted. I was scared that if I didn't intervene he would have gone further. I was lucky things didn't get even more out of hand.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Violence is okay as long as its against a male, then? Which iteration of feminism is this?
If that was my sister or gf I'd pummel the guy into the ground so I don't really get your point.

Reactions: 3 users
I of course think the guy is scummy for what he did, I just think it is laughably hypocritical for a proclaimed feminist to respond with violence knowing full well there will be no retaliation coming because of chauvinistic views of women being the weaker sex. No surprise though - having cake, eating it too.

Yeah. Gimme a sec to lick all that frosting and cake off my lips from being the gender that gets violated the most...you know, rape and violence is you know, 90% done by women against men. We certainly do take advantage, don't we.

Did you also miss the word "respond" in own message? Nobody here would applaud a female initiating violence because she finds someone annoying. But responding with aggression toward a predator is kind of...you know, not frowned on so much. Honestly, had it been a guy doing it to a guy I'd feel the same. And had others seen a girl commit such an obvious transgression towards a guy I bet a large # of people would be dismayed enough that they would feel a proportional response wouldn't be out of line. The only reason society might be slightly softer on a girl's physical aggression on a guy is that it is (whether truly or falsely) perceived as less brutal/debilitating - that it's in his hands to stop her.

Members don't see this ad :)
If that was my sister or gf I'd pummel the guy into the ground so I don't really get your point.

Yeah, i would too. The point was in the post though.

Yeah, love all that frosting and cake from being the gender that gets violated the most...you know, rape and violence is you know, 90% done by women against men. We certainly do take advantage, don't we.

Did you also miss the word "respond" in own message? Nobody here would applaud a female initiating violence because she finds someone annoying. But responding with aggression toward a predator is kind of...you know, not frowned on so much. Honestly, had it been a guy doing it to a guy I'd feel the same. And had others seen a girl commit such an obvious transgression towards a guy I bet a large # of people would be dismayed enough that they would feel a proportional response wouldn't be out of line. The only reason society might be slightly softer on a girl's physical aggression on a guy is that it is (whether truly or falsely) perceived as less brutal/debilitating.

Yeah and you said that you have no problem with male or female violence as long as someone is invading your space. I have no problem with that point of view.

In the states, I'd argue that men are more frequently on the receiving end of domestic violence.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm withholding comment regarding the rest of this discussion; however, I do find it amusing that most of the women I have seen comment about the recent Jay-Z and Beyoncé's sister fiasco are totally in favor of her beating him up.

The amazing number of "you go girl"s i've seen is pretty impressive. In a sad way.

I'm withholding comment regarding the rest of this discussion; however, I do find it amusing that most of the women I have seen comment about the recent Jay-Z and Beyoncé's sister fiasco are totally in favor of her beating him up.

The amazing number of "you go girl"s i've seen is pretty impressive. In a sad way.
I saw that video and I may be guilty of wondering what has set her off. My mind went in very weird places when I saw that degree of anger directed at him specifically.

But what you're saying is that they are rooting her on for hitting him despite having no idea what is actually happening? Odd.

In the states, I'd argue that men are more frequently on the receiving end of domestic violence.
And you could argue that all day long until you examine the numbers on how many women are killed yearly by lovers/husbands vs the number of men killed/abused by women.

Absolutely.

Doesn't surprise me. What I've noticed is that when a man abuses a woman, it's assumed that the man is a piece of ****. When a woman abuses a man, it's assumed that he's getting it for being a piece of ****.

All roads lead to "man = piece of ****". Can't we all just agree that abuse is abhorrent regarardless of sex, gender, race, species, etc.?

Reactions: 1 users

if it was a woman pulling down your sister or gf's shirt, would you pummel her to the ground?

if it was a woman pulling down your sister or gf's shirt, would you pummel her to the ground?
Depends on the size and how I interpret the malice. I try to avoid violence, in general.

Depends on the size and how I interpret the malice. I try to avoid violence, in general.

you wouldn't. you would find a reason not to touch her. you would say she is too small or didn't really mean it.

that is why women sexual predators get away with the things they do.

you wouldn't. you would find a reason not to touch her. you would say she is too small or didn't really mean it.

I mean, I'm not really concerned of women preying on me as a grown ass man. I think that women who prey on boys should be treated the same as pedos on to catch a predator. There's no black and white to things. I'd be more apprehensive of hitting a woman than a man if one was swinging on me. I've also taken a punch from both a man and woman without doing anything, several times. That's where the malice comes in. That all being said, I tend to have a problem with the inequalities. For some reason, it seems that women think they're entitled to kindness and men are not. That's BS.

Members don't see this ad :)

looks like Jay-Z has 100 problems now

Reactions: 2 users
I mean, I'm not really concerned of women preying on me as a grown ass man. I think that women who prey on boys should be treated the same as pedos on to catch a predator. There's no black and white to things. I'd be more apprehensive of hitting a woman than a man if one was swinging on me. I've also taken a punch from both a man and woman without doing anything, several times. That's where the malice comes in. That all being said, I tend to have a problem with the inequalities. For some reason, it seems that women think they're entitled to kindness and men are not. That's BS.

Why have you been punched several times? Are you a drunk with a big mouth?

Why have you been punched several times? Are you a drunk with a big mouth?
I grew up in a rough neighborhood, I have an older brother, I was in the military, I'm big and black, I have haters, I drink on occasion, people are violent. Pick one.

IKR. Its almost as impressive as the "animals", [random slur], jesus comments I see on the internet.

Doesn't surprise me. What I've noticed is that when a man abuses a woman, it's assumed that the man is a piece of ****. When a woman abuses a man, it's assumed that he's getting it for being a piece of ****.

All roads lead to "man = piece of ****". Can't we all just agree that abuse is abhorrent regarardless of sex, gender, race, species, etc.?

The level of bias is pervasive even for more trivial things. Where I used to live, if a girl lost interest in a guy she was getting to know, no big deal. If it was reverse, your shared peers treated you like you burned down her house. srsly?

'Merka. Count me as a non-fan.

Uh, yeah. I would react. I don't "pummel" anyone but I've seen a guy push a girl who was starting something with another girl. You're trying to make this like a hard rule. If this so-called rule was true, men wouldn't be in jail for hitting women at all because they'd be so so worried about hitting females. Duh. What a bunch of you really are whining about is that society has placed a certain burden on "decent men" because of the degree of indecency your gender tends to have about it on the indecent male end of the spectrum that you're apparently oblivious about. How about correcting the behavior of the filthy types among your group and then worrying about disproportional inappropriateness by women. Let me hear you whine a bit about how leery and gross plenty of guys tend to be...how inappropriately invasive many are when they can get away with it - when a crowd of boys isn't standing around to pummel them, hm?

1.The reason a guy would feel hesistant to hit a female is the disproportional effect. I too have this response at the idea of hitting a child. It weighs less and is physically weaker.
2. Plenty of male sexual predators/pedophiles getting away with murder compared with female sexual predators - by a substantial amount that would make you proud, so don't worry your little heart about that one too much.

The level of bias is pervasive even for more trivial things. Where I used to live, if a girl lost interest in a guy she was getting to know, no big deal. If it was reverse, your shared peers treated you like you burned down her house. srsly?

Hm...bigger fan of sub-Saharan Africa where they you know...cut off little clits and local town leaders kidnap girls out of classrooms?; sex-trafficking nations more your thing? or how about the Afghani/Southeast Asian style...where 12 year old girls are married off to 30 yo men?

It fascinates me how many men in America have for the first time had to reconcile with not having every benefit handed on a platter...and so many merely seem to take notes at what is lost to them in terms of power, rights, etc. Almost never examining what any "other" is still striving to achieve that they take so for granted.

Hm...bigger fan of sub-Saharan Africa where they you know...cut off little clits and local town leaders kidnap girls out of classrooms?; sex-trafficking nations more your thing? or how about the Afghani/Southeast Asian style...where 12 year old girls are married off to 30 yo men?

It fascinates me how many men in America have for the first time had to reconcile with not having every benefit handed on a platter...and so many merely seem to take notes at what is lost to them in terms of power, rights, etc. Almost never examining what any "other" is still striving to achieve that they take so for granted.

That's right. Set up the strawman. You know what I find sad and absolutely revolting? When I go to Target or Ikea and I see some man flinching while his wife is henpecking him to death in public.

And what part of double standard do you not understand?

You know what I find sad and absolutely revolting? When I go to Target or Ikea and I see some man flinching while his wife is henpecking him to death in public.

And what part of double standard do you not understand?
You know what I find sad and absolutely revolting? When I am at a restaurant or grocery line and see attractive women with their nails done standing/sitting next to something that looks like it should have been aborted in the privacy of a clinic years before she was born.

What part of double standard do you not understand? You think I want women to have more luxuries, happiness, or power than men? I don't. How would that help the next generation of individuals if one group has all the power/privilege merely based on their genitalia and muscle mass/fat %? You think I don't realize that if I have a male child one day I will want every advantage for him? That's where you and I are different. I don't want women to henpeck because it's lame for both parties. And I don't want beautiful women to suffer ugly or old or fat men because hey...it's just not a fun thing to do. You wanna pretend men are not disproportionately advantaged currently? go ahead.

You know what I find sad and absolutely revolting? When I am at a restaurant or grocery line and see attractive women with their nails done standing/sitting next to something that looks like it should have been aborted in the privacy of a clinic years before she was born.

What part of double standard do you not understand? You think I want women to have more luxuries, happiness, or power than men? I don't. How would that help the next generation of individuals if one group has all the power/privilege merely based on their genitalia and muscle mass/fat %? You think I don't realize that if I have a male child one day I will want every advantage for him? That's where you and I are different. I don't want women to henpeck because it's lame for both parties. And I don't want beautiful women to suffer ugly or old or fat men because hey...it's just not a fun thing to do. You wanna pretend men are not disproportionately advantaged currently? go ahead.

As usual, you made this post personal. I was talking about 'Merka and 'Merkan women.

I agree with pretty much all of the points you are making, and think that when men whine about stuff like this it is a lot like when well-off white people whine about AA. Privilege is great at making people oblivious.

That said, I don't think you need to paint like one-third of the world with your savage-women-eating-cultures brush in order to make those points.

Last edited:
As usual, you made this post personal. I was talking about 'Merka and 'Merkan women.
I'm talking about America too.

And actually you made it personal when you asked what part of double standard do I not understand. I understand exactly what a double standard is. You want all the benefits...and when one doesn't pan out, you cry about America being awful to men. But doesn't matter that females don't have like 40% of the things you enjoy so obliviously.
That said, I don't think you need to paint like one-third of the world with your savage-women-eating-cultures brush in order to make those points.
That was specifically directed at my good friend Solitarius' suggestion that he is not a fan of America based on all the "overpowering" American women seem to be doing. Plenty of countries have some major en masse psych issues about gender roles. I've seen them with my own eyes.

I agree with pretty much all of the points you are making, and think that when men whine about stuff like this it is a lot like when well-of white people whine about AA. Privilege is great at making people oblivious.

Thank you for your first post, Mr. White Knight.

Thank you for your first post, Mr. White Knight.
Yeah. Moment he agrees with even half of something a female says...you wanna shame him. It's a nice move.

Edit: Oh, it is his first post. Odd choice.

Moderators: Why is my version of SDN not showing any details about members?

I agree with pretty much all of the points you are making, and think that when men whine about stuff like this it is a lot like when well-of white people whine about AA. Privilege is great at making people oblivious.

this is about women checking their privilege and realizing their advantages in society such as being able to hit and grope men without repercussion. i hope this thread has enlightened people to the fact that men get hit and groped in public all the time, but can't do anything about it. we need to make women aware of their privilege so they can stop exploiting these double standards.

AA is black privilege and a racist policy.

Not actually first post, had starting making a new account for anonymity purposes and didn't realize I was signed into it on this computer.

Also, considering that I disagreed with both of you in the name of justice, risking everyone's ire and/or turning this into an AA thread, I would consider it more of a Dark Knight style.

this is about women checking their privilege and realizing their advantages in society

black privilege

611475.jpg

this is about women checking their privilege and realizing their advantages in society such as being able to hit and grope men without repercussion. i hope this thread has enlightened people to the fact that men get hit and groped in public all the time, but can't do anything about it. we need to make women aware of their privilege so they can stop exploiting these double standards.
I'm not even touching the AA thing. That is layers of complicated.

Men are getting hit and groped all the time? I'm not saying it doesn't happen...but all the time? lol. Just theoretically...I mean, just b/w the two of us...and the forum, what percentage of girls do you think have been groped by men (you know, despite the fact that they can do something about it) and the percentage of boys who have been groped by women? Just throw out a number after considering it for a few minutes...you know, thinking about high school...and the number of girls who kinda secretly grab your ass in the hallway...or lick their lips lasciviously in the middle of Chemistry...or old women at the mall eyeing you. You know, the type of sexual harassment boys in general deal with on a regular basis...and give me some unscientific numbers. I'm genuinely curious.

Actually now that I think about it, the most amusing irony is that your own gender probably sexually harasses you more than women do. Just like how most women are killed by men...but then so are most men. Weird, huh?

Men are getting hit and groped all the time? I'm not saying it doesn't happen...but all the time? lol. Just theoretically...I mean, just b/w the two of us...and the forum, what percentage of girls do you think have been groped by men (you know, despite the fact that they can do something about it) and the percentage of boys who have been groped by women? Just throw out a number after considering it for a few minutes...you know, thinking about high school...and the number of girls who kinda secretly grab your ass in the hallway...or lick their lips lasciviously in the middle of Chemistry...or old women at the mall eyeing you. You know, the type of sexual harassment boys in general deal with on a regular basis...and give me some unscientific numbers. I'm genuinely curious.

privilege is something that is oblivious to the people who have it. you are ignorant to your own privilege. please learn to check your privilege as a woman instead of downplaying the feelings of others.

AA discriminates based on race. that is racism.

privilege is something that is oblivious to the people who have it. you are ignorant to your own privilege. please learn to check your privilege as a woman instead of downplaying the feelings of others.

AA discriminates based on race. that is racism.
You haven't addressed anything at all. Just making blanket statements. I haven't downplayed anything. in fact, I'm sorry that so many men kill women and other men. I'm sorry that so many of you harass females and yourselves. If you look at the statistical numbers, a man is more likely to be a problem for you than a female ever is. Now can we all try to find solutions together?

As for AA, at its inception the need was glaring. And as bureaucracy is not exactly gifted with nuance, it is difficult to make sure certain things work perfectly in line with the initiative intended. There was a time that a smart black person could not even get a foot in the door of certain companies, etc. Whether I'm a fan of the implementation or not, I think it has certainly moved our nation in the right basic direction. Hopefully to be discarded soon.

Last edited:

This is my life.

Actually now that I think about it, the most amusing irony is that your own gender probably sexually harasses you more than women do. Just like how most women are killed by men...but then so are most men. Weird, huh?
Yea I don't think the groping thing happens a lot. Certainly not nearly as much as it does to women. I also know guys beat on and kill each other far more often than women do to us. The rhetoric in this thread is ridiculous.

Actually, good looking men get groped a fair amount depending on where in the states you are, but here's the difference, america is hyperaware about anything that might hint at sex. In France, I've seen old men wink/smile at/complement beautiful young women fairly often (many of who I thought were underdressed), but those women took it as exactly that, a compliment, and responded kindly. Stateside, most girls would just go EWW, or avoid eye contact, or move away. In italy, I've had my butt pinched a few times, and during conversations I've had women rest their hand on my chest (usually upon meeting) or arm (during conversation). We need to define groping. If we're just talking about uninvited touching, I would actually argue that women do it at least as much as men.

Now, about violence. I've regularly seen girls beat on guys, with the guys not doing anything back. There is absolutely no question in my mind that as far as the States is concerned, men are more frequently on the receiving end of violence. Who does more physical damage, there is no question that it's men, but just because you can bear physical pain doesn't mean that it's ok, and we are completely disregarding the psychological aspect.

Actually, good looking men get groped a fair amount depending on where in the states you are, but here's the difference, america is hyperaware about anything that might hint at sex. In France, I've seen old men wink/smile at/complement beautiful young women fairly often (many of who I thought were underdressed), but those women took it as exactly that, a compliment, and responded kindly. Stateside, most girls would just go EWW, or avoid eye contact, or move away. In italy, I've had my butt pinched a few times, and during conversations I've had women rest their hand on my chest (usually upon meeting) or arm (during conversation). We need to define groping. If we're just talking about uninvited touching, I would actually argue that women do it at least as much as men.

Now, about violence. I've regularly seen girls beat on guys, with the guys not doing anything back. There is absolutely no question in my mind that as far as the States is concerned, men are more frequently on the receiving end of violence. Who does more physical damage, there is no question that it's men, but just because you can bear physical pain doesn't mean that it's ok, and we are completely disregarding the psychological aspect.

Definitely. Men tend to be more physically abuse while women are more psychologically abusive.

:laugh: ... maybe you might like to try to look up some basic statistics instead of, you know, relying on Brain Bucket's amazing observational skills that somehow contradicts every survey ever done on domestic violence.

:laugh: ... maybe you might like to try to look up some basic statistics instead of, you know, relying on Brain Bucket's amazing observational skills that somehow contradicts every survey ever done on domestic violence.

How many men do you think would report domestic violence? How many men would even CONSIDER it domestic violence?

If you've been to college, maybe you could tell me the number of times you've seen girls hit guys compared to the other way around?

That's hardly the point though. The point is that abuse either way needs to be taken just as seriously.

Last edited:
You haven't addressed anything at all. Just making blanket statements. I haven't downplayed anything. in fact, I'm sorry that so many men kill women and other men. I'm sorry that so many of you harass females and yourselves. If you look at the statistical numbers, a man is more likely to be a problem for you than a female ever is. Now can we all try to find solutions together?

As for AA, at its inception the need was glaring. And as bureaucracy is not exactly gifted with nuance, it is difficult to make sure certain things work perfectly in line with the initiative intended. There was a time that a smart black person could not even get a foot in the door of certain companies, etc. Whether I'm a fan of the implementation or not, I think it has certainly moved our nation in the right basic direction. Hopefully to be discarded soon.

Yea, but men don't give me the feels...

How many men do you think would report domestic violence? How many men would even CONSIDER it domestic violence?

If you've been to college, maybe you could tell me the number of times you've seen girls hit guys compared to the other way around?

That's hardly the point though. The point is that abuse either way needs to be taken just as seriously.

Once again statistics do not bare it out. I was surprised that it was more even than I thought, but a CDC survey in 2010 still puts females as higher receivers of violence and rape. You sound like rifle who thought that anecdotal accounts somehow trump statistical surveys. Newsflash: they don't.

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/nisvs_report2010-a.pdf#page=47

And myself, I have been out of college for a while and I don't remember any incidents with either gender, but I did know a soldier who ended up in the ER because her a-hole husband beat her. The guy had the nerve to show up during the day looking for her in my office. By end of the day he was in handcuffs. A couple months later she was back with him. Such is the perpetuating cycle of domestic violence.

I have seen how women in Middle East countries live firsthand. I am thankful to live in America where I don't have cover 95% of my body and I can get an education, drive a car, and my life is not forfeit to my husband, but there's still progress to made here.

Once again statistics do not bare it out.
That's good, because the attraction isn't mutual.

I was surprised that it was more even than I thought, but a CDC survey in 2010 still puts females as higher receivers of violence and rape. You sound like rifle who thought that anecdotal accounts somehow trump statistical surveys. Newsflash: they don't.
I don't get your metaphor. Rifles aren't sentient. Your point about surveys is well taken, although please consider that a survey is hardly an empirical or rigorous study. Once again, it's not a competition.

And myself, I have been out of college for a while and I don't remember any incidents with either gender
Really? Did you leave your room?

but I did know a soldier who ended up in the ER because her a-hole husband beat her. The guy had the nerve to show up during the day looking for her in my office. By end of the day he was in handcuffs. A couple months later she was back with him. Such is the perpetuating cycle of domestic violence.
ok...although, the reason she's back with him isn't the violence. I assume you know that. Also, what's the point to this story?

I have seen how women in Middle East countries live firsthand. I am thankful to live in America where I don't have cover 95% of my body and I can get an education, drive a car, and my life is not forfeit to my husband, but there's still progress to made here.
Jesus, your (as a collective) arguments always devolve to this tripe. Just because it's better than the WORST places, doesn't mean it can't improve.

Last edited:
Female on male violence is a no-win situation for the man.

If you do nothing or complain, people will belittle you for having been "beaten up by a girl".

If you respond in force, you'll be crucified no matter how justified your actions might have been.

Last edited:
Jesus, your (as a collective) arguments always devolve to this tripe. Just because it's better than the WORST places, doesn't mean it can't improve.

That's not the point. The point is that women have always been subject to subjugation, and despite what you may think, it exists here in America. There is a lot of pushback from conservative culture, but I think they're a bunch of hypocrites. They want to control women, and if that doesn't work, criticize them for standing up for themselves. I lost a lot of respect for the people on this forum. Last week it was bashing kids, now it's women. Man the **** up *******.

Women are partially to blame as well. There are double standards. They want to be protected, but at the same time don't treat them like they need to be. But that's the way it has to be, I guess. I love women, so I don't really have a problem giving leeway if it means they're happy and I get more poon out of it.

Last edited:
That's not the point. The point is that women have always been subject to subjugation, and despite what you may think, it exists here in America.
Really? Where do I say that Women aren't subject to abuse?

Last week it was bashing kids, now it's women.
Where did I bash kids or women?

Man the **** up *******.
Just, lol. I understand that you wish to vent your frustrations, but unless you know what some of us have had to go through, without the military to back us, sit the **** down.

Women are partially to blame as well. There are double standards. They want to be protected, but at the same time don't treat them like they need to be. But that's the way it has to be, I guess. I love women, so I don't really have a problem giving leeway if it means they're happy and I get more poon out of it.
No ones blaming 'women', and it's cute that you're implying that the rest of us don't love women at least as much as you do.

Really? Where do I say that Women aren't subject to abuse?

Where did I bash kids or women?

Just, lol. I understand that you wish to vent your frustrations, but unless you know what some of us have had to go through, without the military to back us, sit the **** down.

No ones blaming 'women', and it's cute that you're implying that the rest of us don't love women at least as much as you do.
I wasn't speaking to you directly except to your rebuttal to anastomoses. And yea, I'm not very frustrated, I just think it's funny that the forum members are out crying on women abusing their privilege. I don't really care what you've gone through, I just reply in reference to the context of your posts. This is the internet.

That's good, because the attraction isn't mutual.

I don't get your metaphor. Rifles aren't sentient. Your point about surveys is well taken, although please consider that a survey is hardly an empirical or rigorous study. Once again, it's not a competition.

Rifle was a poster who said his anecdotal accounts were more accurate than surveys or statistics. When did I say it was a competition? You made a statement that was not backed by any statistics or data, just on your personal experience. I demonstrated that statement is incompatible with any statistical data available. Yes, surveys are not perfect, but in lieu of a mind reading device or all powerful seeing eye, it's the best way we have of ascertaining trends. I didn't give any crime statistics because I would definitely say that is more skewed and less likely to be reported for female on male violence.

Really? Did you leave your room?

Yes. Like I said, it was a while ago (like 9 years since I graduated). I avoided the drama-rama mostly and hung out with people who didn't think violence was a solution to solving problems or disputes.

ok...although, the reason she's back with him isn't the violence. I assume you know that. Also, what's the point to this story?

I'm demonstrating my sole personal experience was a classic domestic violence scenario. I know several other women who told me about situations in which they were threatened/beaten and feared for their life, but that was my only personal experience of domestic violence.

I'm pretty sure that's what I just said. The US is better than the majority of the world in how women are treated, but women are still discriminated against in this country. The power dynamic still far favors men. I don't understand why that is "tripe".

Remember it's still less than 100 years since females were allowed to vote in this country and less than 50 years since they were allowed to serve in the military forces. To believe that somehow now the power dynamic has completely shifted especially when you look at the gender balance of the current political and business leadership is naive.

:lame: