This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

adk0922

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay so let me explain my situation I am 25 have not gone to school at all other than one semester and have gotten nutrition as my only prerequisite done so I am at the beginning stage of everything. I'm recently divorced and have 2 kids so here's my question/idea/situation

My plan was to do a bachelor's degree in dental hygiene as simple as that (not saying dh is simple just my plan don't need anyone being offended) but my dream has always been to be a dentist I just figured I didn't have the time or the money to do that when I have two mouths to feed and a very generous mother letting me crash on her couch.

However I recently found out that the military will cover tuition cost for dental school once accepted so I thought maybe I would do that route after dental hygiene and if it didn't pan out I would always have my dental hygiene degree. Is there any way this could possibly work or but I still need more prerequisites to qualify for dental school?

I know the dental hygienist to dentist questions been asked before but the situation is a little different here so I hope I can get a good response or some advice. I really just need to do what's best for my family so I need a backup in case dental school doesn't work out. And I have a backup if I don't get into the dental hygiene school as well so I'm covered there. I just need to know if anyone can help me figure out the logistics of it all I'm new to all this and I need to make All the Right Moves as I don't have the time to waste doing the wrong thing with kids involved

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any answers sorry if any of the terminology was incorrect or I'm wrong about certain things like I said this is new to me I've been researching dental hygiene for quite a while but dental school is a whole new idea well dream