Diagnostic test averages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Suey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took a diagnostic test and was disappointed with the score I got (23). I'm just wondering what is the average that people get on mcat diagnostic so I know if my score is or isn't as bad as I think for a diagnostic, and the practicality of how much I can improve in my score.

Members don't see this ad.

Suey said:
I just took a diagnostic test and was disappointed with the score I got (23). I'm just wondering what is the average that people get on mcat diagnostic so I know if my score is or isn't as bad as I think for a diagnostic, and the practicality of how much I can improve in my score.

I just posted a thread about this titled AAM Practice Test or something along those lines. Are you just beginning your preparation or are you pretty much at a review point? If you are planning on preparing for the test and have not yet started/are just beginning, I wouldn't worry too much about your score, you will do much better after you focus the next few months to practice. I am a bit of a non-traditional student, in that I was in Finance before but am still young (about to be 24). In my past I have taken a number of long exams (six hours) with pass rates in the range of 30-40% and found that while studying for them, my scores grew dramatically the more I prepared. I think the key to doing well is confidence in yourself. If you know you're going to do well, then you will. A funny comparison if you're a Seinfeld fan: When Jon Lovitz gets the hairpeice (after faking he has cancer) and suddenly has the confidence to ask out the gourgeous girl in the corner of the diner and gets her. It's all in your approach... ha!

Adam