Did anyone else decline to provide SS# on GRE?

Started by Vaenil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vaenil

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

When I took the GRE several years ago, I wasn't completely clear on what I was looking to do with it, and maybe I wasn't taking it too seriously. In any case, I didn't provide my social security number on the test. Now that I need the scores, I'm wondering whether this will complicate my application process?

The PTCAS website says that they "strongly recommend" providing SS#'s to make matching scores quicker, but they don't mention anything about invalidating GRE scores that don't provide SS#'s.

Am I overthinking this? I'd rather take the test again now than find out later that I screwed myself over. Did anyone else do anything similar?

Thanks.