Did anyone else feel like this right before the test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nervous student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

I am freaking out and i really need some advice. I am ALL over the place in Kaplan Qbank and i feel like I am learning new things left and right with only a week to go. Two days ago I got a 76% (mean 75%) on a block of 46 yesterday I got a 50% (mean 67%). And today I will get an 80% followed by a 20% on random sets of 5. AHHHHHHH!!!! My test is Friday and I just want some consistency. Is there anyone out there who was ALL over the place right before the test but was able to pull it together? I am also wondering if I should do anymore questions since if I see that over 70% of students got something right I feel like I should learn it and I freak out. PLEASE HELP ME!! What do I do? Do I stop questions for a whole week? I am so confused and need something that will boost my confidence. I already did world and took notes and have been reviewing them a little each night.

Thank you so much!! Maybe I just need a benzo!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're last sentence sums it up best. More than anything else, you need to relax so you don't Psych yourself out. I realize it's easier said than done to answer scored Qs and not freak out about the score. For someone such as yourself, the best advice is: STOP DOING QUESTIONS!!! You brought it up yourself. Scores yoyo all the time anyways. I think you should just tie up any loose ends and, if you haven't already done so, try to memorize FA as best you can. Focus on the subjects you tend to be weakest. Try to workout, get a regular sleep pattern, maybe see a movie a few nights before. Whatever you need to do to relax is what you need to do. Good luck!

Thanks for your replay manning18. I have actually calmed down a ton the last few days. I stopped doing as many questions per day and my score actually is now consistently above the mean. I am getting nervous for the exam on Friday but my confidence has at least gone up! I feel ready to take it and now I just want it to be over. I will post my experience as soon as I am done until then please pray that I can pull off a good score and make anyone out there with yoyo practice tests score feel better about themselves.

This forum is great!

That's good. If you can do Qs without freaking out about the scores, that's fine. However, there's always the chance of a weak block, so keep that in mind. It's good that you're waking up early so you'll be used to it by test day.