Did anyone get an invitation to USC's January interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tao08244

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got mine today. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

tao08244 said:
I just got mine today. Anyone else?

I did!! I'm so excited!!!

I also got an invite today!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I got one as well. I applied fairly late, so I was pleasantly
surprised to see the invite for the second round of interviews.
Good Luck to everyone! :)

FunnyPHARM said:
Yea I got one as well. I applied fairly late, so I was pleasantly
surprised to see the invite for the second round of interviews.
Good Luck to everyone! :)

funnypharm, when did you send in your application. i sent mine in really late.

meow004 said:
funnypharm, when did you send in your application. i sent mine in really late.

I believe I sent it in about a week before the due date. My file number is
in the mid 600's.

i got an invite today! i sent in my app in mid-october :)

jky007 said:
i got an invite today! i sent in my app in mid-october :)

i didnt get one yet.. im anxious.. sara told me im on the interview list a few months ago for january but that i should call her by the 19th if i dont get anything.

great... :scared:

Phew. I finally received mine today in SF. I was starting to worry...one more final to go....then I'll have to brainstorm on writing that brief essay (on top of finishing up my other applications). :eek:

congrats to everyone,... i stil lhavent gotten anything :-( crap guys, im really nervous :scared:

gmohamma said:
congrats to everyone,... i stil lhavent gotten anything :-( crap guys, im really nervous :scared:

Don't worry...yours is probably in the mail. You look like your doing well with your first acceptance. When did you submit your application? It seems like they are going through the applications in batches? People who were interviewed in October applied really early (file #1- I don't know). My file number is in the high 500s, so I ended up in the second interview slot.

gmohamma said:

that's ok gmohamma, i'm getting nervous too. :scared: i don't like this feeling cus i'm beginning to think that something in my app must have really sucked (i have no idea what) or it got lost in the mail (worst case scenario). you mentioned that sara told you your interview was going to be in january? how did you ask? i wanna do that but i'm scurrrred! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
i know it's not because i turned mine in late.. because im applicant #37. i think it's cuz my gpa sucks... but we'll see i guess.

i cant help being scared, but thanks for the support.

i dont know i just made friends with sara when i visited the school in august, she's really nice. she told me something she wasnt supposed to (that i'm on the january list) because apparently they take people off the list/move them around or what not. now i wish i never knew.

ugh.......

gmohamma said:
i know it's not because i turned mine in late.. because im applicant #37. i think it's cuz my gpa sucks... but we'll see i guess.

i cant help being scared, but thanks for the support.

i dont know i just made friends with sara when i visited the school in august, she's really nice. she told me something she wasnt supposed to (that i'm on the january list) because apparently they take people off the list/move them around or what not. now i wish i never knew.

ugh.......

I don't think that USC really abides by the "rolling admission" thing cause I remember there were people with application numbers in the 400's that interviewed with me during the Nov. 12th interview.

Just got mine yesterday. Been working on my essay all night.

So I guess they went up to the 600's for the 2nd interview.. anyone here higher than the 600's?

blizz said:
So I guess they went up to the 600's for the 2nd interview.. anyone here higher than the 600's?

my file number is 748.

meesathuy said:
my file number is 748.

Hi,

I was wondering when did you send in your Pharmcas & Supplemental App for USC? Thanks.

If our interviews are closed file, can we incorporate our personal statement into our 300-word essay? (or in better words- use our PharmCAS personal statement?) For me, it's almost like I'm writing about the same thing that I previously wrote.

blizz said:
If our interviews are closed file, can we incorporate our personal statement into our 300-word essay? (or in better words- use our PharmCAS personal statement?) For me, it's almost like I'm writing about the same thing that I previously wrote.

I'm having the same problem.. it seems as though I'm just repeating myself.

Congrats on the upcoming interviews everybody!!! :thumbup:
blizz said:
Personally, I would write something different. This is just speculation, but after the interview, the committee has to evaluate each applicant. They will have access to your whole file. Imagine what they would think if your two essays (PharmCAS and interview supplemental) were identical!

I ended up cutting and pasting little snippets from the countless other supplemental essays I wrote (Western, UOP, UCSF, ect....). I also elaborated on current activities (volunteer, extracurrics, leadership) that I wasn't able to list on PharmCAS since I applied so early.

In submitting the 300 word essay, do we attach it to the email or include it in the body?

tao08244 said:
In submitting the 300 word essay, do we attach it to the email or include it in the body?

I sent mine as an atttachment yesterday. They sent me a confirmation email about 15 minutes later.

:idea:
tao08244 said:

Send it as an attatchment

Shinoball said:
I sent mine as an atttachment yesterday. They sent me a confirmation email about 15 minutes later.

i never received a confirmation letter after i submitted my attachment. should i be worrried?

babieblueazn said:
i never received a confirmation letter after i submitted my attachment. should i be worrried?
Just shoot them an email. In my experience, they are pretty quick to reply.