Did anyone have success and recommend the Kaplan review books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saoj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got them from Amazon, but I am thinking about returning and investing the money on TBR or TPRH. Unless Kaplan is also good and I should read them as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got them from Amazon, but I am thinking about returning and investing the money on TBR or TPRH. Unless Kaplan is also good and I should read them as well.

Return the BOOKS! Take that money and by the best prep books out there.

TBR is great for the sciences (a little too detailed (more than you need to know)), but what makes them a great book is the end of the chapter passages. Great practice.

Examkrackers are the best for science content studying. They get to the point of what you need to know, without going too detailed.

TPR is good too if you must, but I recommend the other two before them.

For VERBAL practice, you must must must get Examkrackers 101 verbal. And if you can find one (usually get overcharged for it) is the TPRHyperlearning Verbal workbook.
Both books have several passages for practice!

Many people on this forum would say the same thing to you.

Return the BOOKS! Take that money and by the best prep books out there.

TBR is great for the sciences (a little too detailed (more than you need to know)), but what makes them a great book is the end of the chapter passages. Great practice.

Examkrackers are the best for science content studying. They get to the point of what you need to know, without going too detailed.

TPR is good too if you must, but I recommend the other two before them.

For VERBAL practice, you must must must get Examkrackers 101 verbal. And if you can find one (usually get overcharged for it) is the TPRHyperlearning Verbal workbook.
Both books have several passages for practice!

Many people on this forum would say the same thing to you.

I would second everything here. I've used both Kaplan and TBR for my first and second MCAT, respectively. TBR is the way to go in my opinion. Come to think of it, you can probably guess my opinion of Kaplan based on the fact that I had to take the test again.:laugh: Though, to be honest, I didn't dislike Kaplan sciences as much as many people on SDN.

I think the Kaplan books have a LOT of fluff thrown in. Since the fluff takes up space, they have less actual science thrown in. The Kaplan books are written like the guy wants to be your buddy and make you laugh... but it's just not funny. It's just a waste of time and detracts from the science.

I like the TPR books a lot.