Did anyone here apply to IHS residencies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard back from the RPDs at the Cherokee and Santa Fe sites. They both ended up choosing IP candidates.
Thanks! Should I hold out hope that they might have not matched with an IP candidate? Or is their silence pretty much a bad sign? Ugh... this process is so stressful!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! Should I hold out hope that they might have not matched with an IP candidate? Or is their silence pretty much a bad sign? Ugh... this process is so stressful!

It's hard to say, honestly. I applied to two other sites that I haven't heard back from yet, so maybe there weren't any IP applicants who chose to attend their site and so they're still in the process of reviewing applications?

I just got an email this morning that says which programs were filled by IP candidates and which programs are still open. HR is still clearing applications, so there's still a chance. Positive vibes to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview with them I think it went well. I just got an email with the sites that haven't been IP selected.

I had my interview with them I think it went well. I just got an email with the sites that haven't been IP selected.

I'm glad your interview went well. Was the interview with Ft. Defiance? From the email, it looked like they weren't offering a residency position this year.

Has anyone gotten an interview offer since for the sites that are still open?

Got a no from ABQ as well. Only options for me now are Anchorage and Warm Springs.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Pharmever Shoot. I haven't heard back from the Alaska program I applied to, which can't be a good sign. Did you already get your clearance from HR? I'm holding out hope that maybe my last program is waiting for HR to finish processing my USAjobs application before contacting me. However, given how competitive this season has been, I'm not very optimistic that I'll be getting an interview at this point.

@Pharmever Shoot. I haven't heard back from the Alaska program I applied to, which can't be a good sign. Did you already get your clearance from HR? I'm holding out hope that maybe my last program is waiting for HR to finish processing my USAjobs application before contacting me. However, given how competitive this season has been, I'm not very optimistic that I'll be getting an interview at this point.
I don't think I got an official clearance email from HR but Dr. Holly Van Lew reached out via email to clarify somethings on my USAjobs app and I responded to her email. So, I'm not sure? Which program did you apply to in Alaska? I know ANTHC matched IP.

@Pharmever I applied to Southcentral Foundation. Did you already have your interview? And if so, how did it go?

Just curious if anyone here also applied for ASHP match programs?

Has anyone heard if they matched with an IHS site? I heard they had their RPD meeting yesterday and was wondering if calls are being made yet. Wishing everyone the best of luck! :)

I ended up getting a call on Friday and matched with my number one choice! Hope everyone else had similar news! Best of luck to everyone in the future!

Reactions: 1 users