Did anyone apply for residency after 2 years of graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freespirit91

Reaction score
SO I got rejected the first time I applied for residency
I mean my GPA isnt great and I knjow my application wasn't competitive but I decided to work on my clinical skills for a year and work in different settings if posisble then reapply
I don't know what chances I have since I graduated last year and I missed this years as well

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you working now and why do you want to do residency?

SO I got rejected the first time I applied for residency
I mean my GPA isnt great and I knjow my application wasn't competitive but I decided to work on my clinical skills for a year and work in different settings if posisble then reapply
I don't know what chances I have since I graduated last year and I missed this years as well
It seems like you already have the opportunity to work in different settings without having done a residency, so residency is not needed in your case (since you do a residency in order to work in different settings).

Members don't see this ad :)
if you have a job now wouldn't recommend going back to residency unless you are still in retail. residents getting out now are struggling im the job market
No I do not have a job now! Im trying to get a job for a long time so I thought applying to residency would open some door
it super saturated! Wish I went into another field seriously! Im considering change in field I have no way at working at retail I hate it

No I do not have a job now! Im trying to get a job for a long time so I thought applying to residency would open some door
it super saturated! Wish I went into another field seriously! Im considering change in field I have no way at working at retail I hate it
So what have you been doing these past two years???

What do you mean you can't work in retail because you hate it? Seriously, what have you been doing for 2 years ??

if you have a job now wouldn't recommend going back to residency unless you are still in retail. residents getting out now are struggling im the job market
Thats crazy. all that hard work and still no job. Pharmacy has never been about merits and academic excellence. Networking and networking is key in Pharmacy.

What have I been doing past YEAR you mean? well I was taking care of family.

Any tips on how to network?
I would not recommend residency at this point. I did not realize you are out of school when made this earlier post. if you are unemployed and hopefully not in 200 k in debt. you can go and change careers. Otherwise stick with retail in the present time and get those loans paid off and then go and do something else. do not do a residency at all because there is no guarantee of job security even if you do two years. the stats for this years match: 2000 applicants were applying for 300 positions in this years match.

Last edited by a moderator: