Did anyone receive an email about completing PHA? (Army)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

@armydentalstudent

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a first year HPSP student, so I don't really know how PHA works. I received an email about it recently stating that I needed to follow a series of steps to schedule it and provide certain information otherwise my stipend may be suspended. Did anyone receive this email as well/already completed their PHA for this year? How does the process typically work? It asks for a DOD ID found on the CAC, but I never received a CAC. What do I do, and how long before my stipend is paused?

Members don't see this ad.

in case you haven't found an answer yet, I was able to schedule my PHA by signing up on LHI.care. I didn't have a CAC at the time, so I just input random numbers when the automated phone line asked for DOD ID. Then I was able to talk to a representative to set up my lhi account. From there, LHI gives you the forms and makes the appointments for you. I've heard that we're also supposed to be paid as an officer for the time it takes us to drive/complete our appointments. But I'm unsure on the procedure for that or if it's automatic.

I would reach out to your recruiter or HPSP advisor to set up a CAC appointment too. It can be a bit of a hassle but it's nice to get it asap. I talked to my advisor as I'm in the middle of a few PHA appointments and they aren't going to pause payments as long as we are in the process getting the PHA completed.