Did I mess this percocet script up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Curiousone1111

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was floating at a very hot store which was also having software issues. I couldn’t use any sigs so I had to type the words out for each rx. Got a script for percocet 1t po q6h prn pain. Written rx specified max of 4. I can’t recall if I wrote the directions with *max 4 tablets* or *max 4 tablets PER DAY*
I’m paranoid now that if I left it as max 4 tablets, instead of PER DAY, what if they assume they can take 4 tablets per dose?

they had no history on pmp and it was only 16 pills. They just had some cosmetic procedure done and their friend (who didnt speak english) came to pick up. I would hope the MD office told the pt how to use it and also that nobody would assume max 4 means max 4 per dose as opposed to daily. They could always call with questions. I am driving myself nuts. Pharmacy is closed today.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are going to drive yourself to an early grave if you obsess over every script like this. It’s fine. I wouldn’t even have included the “max 4 per day” if it wasn’t specifically written into the sig.

Reactions: 7 users
You are going to drive yourself to an early grave if you obsess over every script like this. It’s fine. I wouldn’t even have included the “max 4 per day” if it wasn’t specifically written into the sig.
It just said 4 in the bottom right corner where the box says maximum daily dose. Thank you @owlegrad I have been obsessing since usually I’m very specific and would say 4 tablets PER DAY, not just max 4 tablets 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
silly question - if it said q 6 prn - why do you need to specific a max of 4 tabs a day? by definition q 6h = 4 x a day?

and ya - you can't stress over that- you will have a heart attack by the time you are 35

PS - doc's office probably don't do a good job of explaining rx's - it is on their discharge instructions, but those things are like 10 pages long and most people probably don't ready them. I know I just skimmed them after my recent surgery.

You do realize they will just take it however the heck they want anyway right?

• Haha
I believe some states require that to be indicated on the label
That is just ridiculous. Brought to you by the same people who require “coffee is hot” on McDonald’s cups. Let natural selection take its course.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
They probably took 1 tab, passed out and left the rest in the medicine cabinet.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I knowwww, I was just afraid of them messing up and then trying to somehow suck me into a lawsuit LOL

You are right - there was a time I felt that the boogeyman was behind every script. And in all reality there are people that would be happy to sue if they knew they had some sort of case.

just learn to trust yourself. Understand that you made it this far for a reason. Your not stupid and you certainly care.

For personal reassurance - check out pharmacist mutual and buy the insurance. Also know that your employer is the one that would likely take the fall not you, but be covered personally regardless.

over time that feeling will go away

if you ever do get yourself in trouble - don’t say a damn word to anyone but your lawyer (which will be provided to you by pharmacist mutual).

Now go - go conquer your fear and crush the world of pharmacy.

• Love
You are right - there was a time I felt that the boogeyman was behind every script. And in all reality there are people that would be happy to sue if they knew they had some sort of case.

just learn to trust yourself. Understand that you made it this far for a reason. Your not stupid and you certainly care.

For personal reassurance - check out pharmacist mutual and buy the insurance. Also know that your employer is the one that would likely take the fall not you, but be covered personally regardless.

over time that feeling will go away

if you ever do get yourself in trouble - don’t say a damn word to anyone but your lawyer (which will be provided to you by pharmacist mutual).

Now go - go conquer your fear and crush the world of pharmacy.
You are the best! I have insurance through HPSO, thanks! I’m just a crazy nut who still worries so much despite the insurance 😂 I really appreciate it, you summed it up for me. I feel like the boogeyman is behind every rx but controlled rxs especially LOL

That is just ridiculous. Brought to you by the same people who require “coffee is hot” on McDonald’s cups. Let natural selection take its course.
If you take a deep dive into that case, it wasn't really what the public thought it was.

Reactions: 3 users
If you take a deep dive into that case, it wasn't really what the public thought it was.
I know the actual story (they made the coffee so hot so people wouldn't drink as much, etc) - but it just sounds funnier to say the easy story

I know the actual story (they made the coffee so hot so people wouldn't drink as much, etc) - but it just sounds funnier to say the easy story
I thought it was misinterpreting a study which showed customers preferred coffee brewed at 180-190F and instead insisted that the coffee should be served that hot.

I thought it was misinterpreting a study which showed customers preferred coffee brewed at 180-190F and instead insisted that the coffee should be served that hot.
I am just going by memory. I don’t claim to be 100% accurate.

This whole post/inquiry just reeks of Gen Z in the workplace freaking out over and over analyzing simple ****
Just get some more experience and time dealing with human beings & chill out a bit
I am a little sad we have moved on from making fun of millennials to making gun of gen z - just makes me feel older

• Haha
This whole post/inquiry just reeks of Gen Z in the workplace freaking out over and over analyzing simple ****
Just get some more experience and time dealing with human beings & chill out a
I am a little sad we have moved on from making fun of millennials to making gun of gen z - just makes me feel older
And I bet when you first graduated you knew everything.

Not to make fun of you, but this really made me laugh. I probably do worse things on a daily basis.

You're fine. But like someone else said, if you stress this much over minor technicalities, you're gonna have a heart attack for sure.

Siiigggghhhh...
Old "millennial" but come from pharmacy family profession....so I guess that makes me seem like a boomer?

Ok, so let's just say "green horn" instead of new to workforce gen Z. Is that politically correct enough for everyone?
Listen, I am an old "millennial"/x-ennial what ever you want to call it. What makes you sound like a boomer is blaming problems/faults on a generation. Do you not remember the torrent of posts and articles on the internet blaming millennials for literally everything? I still see them from people who have no idea that there is a new name for the younger generation. It wasn't fair to us, and it isn't fair to the next generation either.

By most definitions, the oldest of Gen-Z are just now being licensed in the last couple of years (1996 start makes the oldest ones turning 25 this year). Those individuals are probably more like the youngest millennials than they are the youngest Gen-Z (who will turn 9 this year). There are confident, hard-working individuals in that group. I have met some of them. There will be members of that group who will change pharmacy/medicine/whatever for the better and for all time.

And even if there was a problem with an entire generation, it would not be their fault, but of those who raised/trained/taught them (Us).

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Listen, I am an old "millennial"/x-ennial what ever you want to call it. What makes you sound like a boomer is blaming problems/faults on a generation. Do you not remember the torrent of posts and articles on the internet blaming millennials for literally everything? I still see them from people who have no idea that there is a new name for the younger generation. It wasn't fair to us, and it isn't fair to the next generation either.

By most definitions, the oldest of Gen-Z are just now being licensed in the last couple of years (1996 start makes the oldest ones turning 25 this year). Those individuals are probably more like the youngest millennials than they are the youngest Gen-Z (who will turn 9 this year). There are confident, hard-working individuals in that group. I have met some of them. There will be members of that group who will change pharmacy/medicine/whatever for the better and for all time.

And even if there was a problem with an entire generation, it would not be their fault, but of those who raised/trained/taught them (Us).
eh - I see at a right of passage - every generation gets made fun of my those that are older than them. We all feel we work harder than those that are younger than us. A little good nature jabbing keeps everyone grounded.

Obviously there are hard working people of all ages, but some things just are generational - usually in regards to tech changes, etc.