Did I miss an important step?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bleiken

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have already filled out and submitted 3 DO secondaries, but a few days ago I got an email from Rocky Vista COM saying I did not meet their minimum requirements for a secondary. My GPA and MCAT are well above the minimum, and I completed all the other steps of the application as early as possible. Based on their email, it seems like they weren't able to see my MCAT scores. I supplied AACOMAS with my AMCAS number in order to give them access to my MCAT scores like it requested during the primary AACOMAS application, but apparently you also have to go to your MCAT portal on the AAMC website and request that your scores be released to Osteopathic Medical Schools? I just did this step yesterday upon learning about it, and am wondering if this will prevent me from getting secondary's at schools that screen their applicants. Will it delay my application being reviewed by the schools I have submitted secondaries to, despite me getting them in within 2 days of being received? Should I email Rocky Vista and other colleges telling them my MCAT was completed 1 year ago but I just submitted the AAMC requeues recently?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you missed a step by not going to the AAMC website and sending the MCAT from there. Your application will not be complete until they receive the score in their system despite the fact you have already submitted secondaries.

Save yourself the trouble with Rocky Vista.

Reactions: 1 user
Save yourself the trouble with Rocky Vista.
Just curious, why do you say that. I don't know much about the school besides that it's one of the few DO schools outside of CA in a state that's desirable to me.

Just curious, why do you say that. I don't know much about the school besides that it's one of the few DO schools outside of CA in a state that's desirable to me.
It is for-profit and the parent company owns Caribbean schools that RVU advertises. See Goro’s post for RVU and other DO schools you should avoid:
Take DO acceptance or reapply MD

Touro CA, Touro NV, and Western are all better options that are in nearby locations.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users