Did I screw up by submitting secondaries in 3 weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srprp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am submitting apps to a bunch of top schools and have been submitting secondaries 15-21 days after I receive them, starting July 15th until now. Did I totally screw up by taking so long to submit? I wanted to make sure my essays were good quality and it was difficult to do while working. I am so anxious about this! I haven't got an interview yet and it sucks waiting to hear back.
My stats are good, and I think my ECs are good, I just think my secondary turnaround was not great. Would this cause me to get rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I am submitting apps to a bunch of top schools and have been submitting secondaries 15-21 days after I receive them, starting July 15th until now. Did I totally screw up by taking so long to submit? I wanted to make sure my essays were good quality and it was difficult to do while working. I am so anxious about this! I haven't got an interview yet and it sucks waiting to hear back.
My stats are good, and I think my ECs are good, I just think my secondary turnaround was not great. Would this cause me to get rejected?
Medical schools are not like jealous prom dates, sitting around with a stopwatch waiting to see how fast you'll respond to their offer to go to the prom.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi,
No. medical schools aren't timing you. The two-week turnaround, unless explicitly stated otherwise by the school, is a rule of thumb. It should allow you to produce a thoughtful, quality response, while also strongly encouraging you to get those secondaries out as quickly as possible so that you respond when there are more interview slots available.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your replies, appreciate it for clearing up some anxiety! Will keep trucking through these :)