Medical Did I submit my primary application too late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some info: 514 MCAT, 3.82 GPA, 3.68 sGPA (maybe? Idk), ~700 ish hours research, ~350 teaching, ~2000 Residents assistant, ~250 clinical volunteering, ~300 general volunteering

Hey these are my highlights I think, I messed up and waited too long to submit my primary. Do I have to take a gap year? How dumb would either thing be?

Also, if I have to take a gap year any suggestions for what’s good to do? Right now I’m volunteering with HIV testing, which is new and I have like 50 hours so far and it’s awesome with the outreach
I would agree that your timing is not ideal, but it doesn't mean you should just give up for AMCAS or AACOMAS. Regardless, every premed/prehealth applicant should have an idea of a backup plan in case they don't get accepted or start medical school. That said, you have a satisfactory number of hours in my book, but I don't know what your most meaningful experiences are. It sounds like you have none even after having done so much. (Obviously not research if you don't want to do it after 700 hours, etc., etc., ...)

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.