drakkan2001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey everyone,

I did much worse on Step 2 than Step 1 (240--->210) and I'm applying to a competitive specialty. I'm kicking myself in ***** about it and getting many sleepless nights. Is all hope lost? Thanks.

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 17, 2002
CA
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I know how you feel -

I feel like I did soooo bad on that exam to the point of failure.... I guess be happy that you didn't fail it and have to take it again???

they'll probably glaze over it...

and realize that all things happen for a reason - your world is unfolding just as it should - think of it that way.

spamwidrice

May 6, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
anybody know how psychiatry programs are regarding this matter when sending out invites/interviews? i'm a usimg who scored 234-->214 (yeah, very disappointing i know!). thanks!

About the Ads

OveractiveBrain

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jun 15, 2009
Dirty Dirt
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
anybody know how psychiatry programs are regarding this matter when sending out invites/interviews? i'm a usimg who scored 234-->214 (yeah, very disappointing i know!). thanks!

(a) another ressurected 3 year old post
(b) psych is like the easiest specialty to match into except for PM+R. The average step score is something like "FAILED" You're good

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.