Did much worse on Step 2. What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drakkan2001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I did much worse on Step 2 than Step 1 (240--->210) and I'm applying to a competitive specialty. I'm kicking myself in ***** about it and getting many sleepless nights. Is all hope lost? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know how you feel -

I feel like I did soooo bad on that exam to the point of failure.... I guess be happy that you didn't fail it and have to take it again???

they'll probably glaze over it...

and realize that all things happen for a reason - your world is unfolding just as it should - think of it that way.

anybody know how psychiatry programs are regarding this matter when sending out invites/interviews? i'm a usimg who scored 234-->214 (yeah, very disappointing i know!). thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody know how psychiatry programs are regarding this matter when sending out invites/interviews? i'm a usimg who scored 234-->214 (yeah, very disappointing i know!). thanks!

(a) another ressurected 3 year old post
(b) psych is like the easiest specialty to match into except for PM+R. The average step score is something like "FAILED" You're good