Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

didnt sent in Upstate's clinical site form

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gotdoc, Nov 12, 2005.

1. gotdoc

gotdoc Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    SH**! I forgot to send in Upstate's form for choosing your clinical site. I thought it was due 2 weeks within being accepted or waitlisted not after interview. OMG! Does anyone know if there is a huge penatly for sending it in late! I emailed them and will fax it on monday. HELP!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. linuxgrl

linuxgrl Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they told us you had until the time of acceptance to decide. I don't think it's a big deal at all.

4. zurned

zurned Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hmm, i dont think they decide until you pick a campus. Or maybe its still so early in the game that tehy might accept you and let you decide later.

5. LT2

LT2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    you should fax it ASAP. jennifer told us they need to know what track you want in order to keep their numbers straight for each site. they might not review your application until they have the sheet??

edit: i also don't think you have until acceptance time to decide... my acceptance packet stated i was set for the syracuse clinical track... hope that helps and good luck

6. newdude

newdude Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i don't remember selecting it, when do you select.
    i got interview there in 3 weeks.

7. LT2

LT2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    you'll get the form at your interview...

8. newdude

newdude Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

so how do i know which sites to chose since i don't know much about it.

9. linuxgrl

linuxgrl Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sorry, I guess I was wrong... I vaguely rememer Dean Keating mentioning something about it over lunch, that you could tell them over the phone when they call and accept you. But yeah, I'm sure the admissions office probably prefers that you get it in sooner rather than later.

10. zero2hero

zero2hero Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I also remember Dean Keating telling us this over lunch which is why I did not send in the form yet, though I'll probably fax it over tomorrow. When did you interview linuxgrl, I was there on 10/19 maybe you were also there?

11. Darth Asclepius

Darth Asclepius Dark Lord of the Sith
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm certainly not going to argue with what Dean Keating said, but last year they told us we had to get it in ASAP. They have a set number of slots for Syracuse and Binghamton and as mentioned earlier in this thread, my acceptance letter last year specifically said which campus I was accepted for. It's important and once you are accepted for a clinical campus, you can only change if you find someone to switch (since there's a set number of slots), so I think you guys should send it in. The people in the admissions office are very nice. You should just call and tell them what's up.

PS- If you're freaking out, I'm pretty sure if they really wanted to accept you but didn't know what campus you wanted, they would call you. Upstate's admissions people are really, really nice and helpful. Just call tomorrow and find out.

12. Risa

Risa like Lisa with an R
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I was there on 10/19, but I don't exactly have a crystal-clear memory of everyone who was there. Did we meet?

13. zero2hero

zero2hero Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I dont believe so. With our interviews spread out throughout the day it was difficult to just sit down and just chat.

14. mortauxrats

mortauxrats New Member

I also forgot to send it in. Upstate was really nice about it; they sent me a new form. I would just fax it as soon as you can.

15. mortauxrats

mortauxrats New Member

I also forgot to send it in. Upstate was really nice about it; they sent me a new form. I would just fax it as soon as you can.

16. gotdoc

gotdoc Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks guys! I faxed it on Sunday (with a letter attached) and sent them an email this past week. I'll call them in a few days or so to check, i dont want to seem crazy.

Also, Risa, I think we met on that day. Congrats on Pitt.

17. zero2hero

zero2hero Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Just faxed it in this morning.