didnt sent in Upstate's clinical site form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SH**! I forgot to send in Upstate's form for choosing your clinical site. I thought it was due 2 weeks within being accepted or waitlisted not after interview. OMG! Does anyone know if there is a huge penatly for sending it in late! I emailed them and will fax it on monday. HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

gotdoc said:
SH**! I forgot to send in Upstate's form for choosing your clinical site. I thought it was due 2 weeks within being accepted or waitlisted not after interview. OMG! Does anyone know if there is a huge penatly for sending it in late! I emailed them and will fax it on monday. HELP!

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they told us you had until the time of acceptance to decide. I don't think it's a big deal at all.

linuxgrl said:
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they told us you had until the time of acceptance to decide. I don't think it's a big deal at all.

hmm, i dont think they decide until you pick a campus. Or maybe its still so early in the game that tehy might accept you and let you decide later.

Members don't see this ad :)
you should fax it ASAP. jennifer told us they need to know what track you want in order to keep their numbers straight for each site. they might not review your application until they have the sheet??

edit: i also don't think you have until acceptance time to decide... my acceptance packet stated i was set for the syracuse clinical track... hope that helps and good luck

LT2 said:
you should fax it ASAP. jennifer told us they need to know what track you want in order to keep their numbers straight for each site. they might not review your application until they have the sheet??

edit: i also don't think you have until acceptance time to decide... my acceptance packet stated i was set for the syracuse clinical track... hope that helps and good luck

i don't remember selecting it, when do you select.
i got interview there in 3 weeks.

newdude said:
i don't remember selecting it, when do you select.
i got interview there in 3 weeks.

you'll get the form at your interview...

LT2 said:
you'll get the form at your interview...

so how do i know which sites to chose since i don't know much about it.

LT2 said:

Sorry, I guess I was wrong... I vaguely rememer Dean Keating mentioning something about it over lunch, that you could tell them over the phone when they call and accept you. But yeah, I'm sure the admissions office probably prefers that you get it in sooner rather than later.

I also remember Dean Keating telling us this over lunch which is why I did not send in the form yet, though I'll probably fax it over tomorrow. When did you interview linuxgrl, I was there on 10/19 maybe you were also there?

I'm certainly not going to argue with what Dean Keating said, but last year they told us we had to get it in ASAP. They have a set number of slots for Syracuse and Binghamton and as mentioned earlier in this thread, my acceptance letter last year specifically said which campus I was accepted for. It's important and once you are accepted for a clinical campus, you can only change if you find someone to switch (since there's a set number of slots), so I think you guys should send it in. The people in the admissions office are very nice. You should just call and tell them what's up.

PS- If you're freaking out, I'm pretty sure if they really wanted to accept you but didn't know what campus you wanted, they would call you. Upstate's admissions people are really, really nice and helpful. Just call tomorrow and find out.

zero2hero said:
I also remember Dean Keating telling us this over lunch which is why I did not send in the form yet, though I'll probably fax it over tomorrow. When did you interview linuxgrl, I was there on 10/19 maybe you were also there?

I was there on 10/19, but I don't exactly have a crystal-clear memory of everyone who was there. Did we meet?

I dont believe so. With our interviews spread out throughout the day it was difficult to just sit down and just chat.

I also forgot to send it in. Upstate was really nice about it; they sent me a new form. I would just fax it as soon as you can.

I also forgot to send it in. Upstate was really nice about it; they sent me a new form. I would just fax it as soon as you can.

Thanks guys! I faxed it on Sunday (with a letter attached) and sent them an email this past week. I'll call them in a few days or so to check, i dont want to seem crazy.

Also, Risa, I think we met on that day. Congrats on Pitt.

Just faxed it in this morning.